Chapter 1 ~ How it all started...

It all started in Gyra, a country which we are not supposed to know about. It's the land were supernatural beings reside. Among them, there is one kind that surpasses the rest. These are the Vampires. Their strength is feared by everyone and no one dares to go against them.

It was like that since the beginning of time; the royal family would rule the kingdom and provide peace and protection to the rest of the country. But one day something that threatend that harmony happened and, if it doesn't change, chaos would be the only future possible for everyone.

Without further delay, allow me take you on the journey where you will find out what happened in Gyra, from the day darkness took over it till this day.

***

 Rayne woke up that morning as usual, bored.

He had everything:  god-like looks, an incomparable strength that even the rest of his kind didn't have, and a title which he was the only one to own. The only thing that keept him going was the possibility of finding his mate.

Mates are the other half that every supernatural being has. They are unique and it's said that a day with them is better than a lifetime without them. They have a scent that makes any other perfume ridiculous. Just by smelling it anyone can identify his mate, so it's rare that someone as important as Rayne hadn't found his yet.

That day Rayne was summoned to court. The last time he had set foot there was when his brother was proclaimed, alongside his mate, king and queen of the kingdom. That happened almost two hundred twenty-five years ago.

It was needless to say that the sudden call had made made him nervous. It made him feel uneasy.

As he approached his destination, his anxiety only seemed to worsen. People started giving him strange looks. It was a mix between pity and sympathy. Those were the kind of looks that he hated the most. As a result, he was becoming even more antsy.

Rayne knew something was going on, he could feel it. He ended up using his lightning speed and, in a matter of seconds, he arrived to said place.

Once there, Rayne found a crowd surrounding something he had yet to discover. He heard some of the presents shouting, others were crying... 

It was a mess to say the least.

 Rayne was confused, but in all that chaos he recognized his best friend's face. Out of pure habit; he started making his way towards him.

Michael and Rayne have been best friends since they were both children. They grew up together and they consider themselves brothers. Mike was also inhumanly gorgeous. He was 6 feet tall, his hair was brown and naturally messsy, and he had deep blue eyes.

 From his eyes Rayne could guess that his best mate was sad and mournful. Probably the thing that he was about to tell him would make him feel the same or even worse. So he prepared himself and said.

" Mike what's going on in here?" 

 Mike was torn. He didn't want to be the one to tell him the disastrous news.  After a minute of silence he finally answered " I'm sorry, Rayne. Your brother Nathan has just left us."

  "Wh- what do you mean?"

 "Your brother couldn't handle the loss of his mate so he ended up committing suicide after Kate died." Mike paused. Then he said, barely above a whisper. "They left us, Rayne."

"Whoa!! wait wait! What did you just say, Kate and my brother are what?!"  Then he grabbed Mike by his collar to emphasize his words, and added "You know it's not because you are my best friend that I'm going to let you pull jokes like this! "