Chapter 6 ~ The contract...

Then he led her inside the house...

***

Before they could go into the house Gabriella quickly reacted and successfully stopped the stranger from entering it. He gave her a questioning look but she ignored it as she  tried to free her arm from his grasp. But it was useless. She tried again, this time applying more force but the outcome was still the same.

She couldn't free herself.

Rayne knew that she wouldn't release herself without his consent so he took his time staring at her. He was giving her a curious look. He wanted to comprehend what his little mate was trying to do. Does she want to go back? Where?  he thought. He was starting to panic. Was she intending to go back alone? She couldn't go.  No... there is no way she could-

His thoughts were interrupted as he heard an angry voice talking to him. Whoa!, he thought even when she's  angry she's still the most beautiful- wait, what did she say?

" -could've been raped and you want me to go to a party with you? And as your girl-what?!"

Rayne understood her. Hell, if it wasn't for him she would've been harmed by three disgraces of the human race. Just the thought of her hurt, crying alone on the floor, had his fangs almost showing up from all the anger he was starting to feel.

That's why he couldn't let her go. With him she was safe. Rayne thought about waiting for her to regain consciousness. Then she would have given him her address and he'd have driven her home. The settlement thing could have waited a little longer. Plus he'd have known where she lived and he could've gone to her whenever he wanted. But still, he just couldn't bring himself to let her go. She was probably scared and he was convinced that with him,  she'd feel more at ease.  Her heart rate told him so. With him by her side it was practically back to its normal pace.

So in the end he decided to go back to his original plan, and he wasn't about to give up. He'll make her agree to come with him to the party.

"Raped? Let me see..." He said as he examined her. Then he added  with a smirk "You don't look like a raped girl, do you?"

He smirked? Did he just smirk at me, that-that freaking monkey-like bastard! That banana splitter! That bleached asshole! I swear, I'm going to-to.... Then she sighted.  What can a pathetic girl like me do anyways?  Gabriella was confused by today's events. A part of her was angry at this gorgeous stranger for being an ass to her but another one was shocked. She was almost raped, for crying out loud!

But there was also one more part of her that was strangely calm. She was shocked yet she could still maintain a conversation with the stranger and even get angry at him. Normally she'd have been shaking from fear.

Fear... surprisingly she didn't feel scared at all.  Ass or not, It was due to this stranger;  as ridiculous as it may sound, she felt safe with him around. That made her remember that she still had to thank him for saving her.

"Yes, I don't but-" She started speaking but she didn't continue as she didn't know what else to say. He was right. She was fine, slightly shocked but either way fine. Yet, she still couldn't bring herself to go to that party. Even with the stranger beside her, she was still scared from being around people.

The house was crowded. The bystanders were like a flock of sheep packed in there. Gabriella was scared of entering and having to face them. Plus, she was going with the gorgeous jackass beside her and he definitely wasn't going to pass unnoticed.

 She knew she couldn't handle the attention on her, so why bother entering? So finally she composed herself and said "Look, thank you. For everything. And it goes from not taking me to the police, to saving me from the r-rapists" Her voice slightly shook as she mentioned the pigs who tried to abuse her, but she covered it up and continued "I don't think this is right. I mean, I can't possibly compensate you by acting like your girlfriend for a day. No, not even a day, just a few hours. And why would you even want to fake a relationship? I don't think you'll have difficulties in finding a beautiful girl that can be  your real girlfriend."