Chapter 4 ~ The encounter...

Holy crap, she smashed right into another car. And by the look her sister was giving her she knew that it was official.

 She was in deep shit!

***

Gabriella glanced at her sister, but she immediately regretted it. Maria had put on a poker face. She appeared calm on the outside, but Gabriella knew her sister. She knew that deep inside she was burning. It was only a matter of time untill all those hidden emotions came up. Then she'd eventually explode like a bomb, but for now she was still in shock.

Time passed and Gabriella was still waiting anxiously for her sister’s outburst.  She knew that the longest it takes her to react, the angrier she'll get.

“Gaby? You….uhmm, did you just do what I think you did??”  

That was the first thing Maria uttered since the crash happened.  She said it with a smile on her face like she was waiting for someone to show up and tell her "Hey! You know, it's only a joke. Oh! and by the way, you look sexy."  But when she saw the horrified look on Gabriella she quickly understood that her disgrace of a sister has indeed caused an accident.

Gabriella saw realization crossing her sister’s features and she prepared herself for the worst. But surprisingly, she wasn’t that afraid. Normally she would have been shaking the whole time, but not now. She was more relaxed. Maybe it was the intoxicating scent that surrounded her…

Those thoughts were quickly erased as Maria’s tantrum began.

“Gabriella!!” she said furiously “What the f**** were you doing? Are you crazy?”

Then she started shoving and shaking her sister while yelling “ Do you realize that the f***ing car that you’ve just hit is a Lamborghini?!  It’s like a synonym of expensive! How do you expect me to pay for the damage while I don’t even have a car insurance, no no … wait, you caused the accident so you’ll take the responsibility!”

After the last sentence, she relaxed a little bit and finally added “Just man up and get out. He’s probably some old wealthy man. Hopefully he won’t mind and he’ll let you go. Now, get lost!”

With that, Gabriella knew that her sister was done. She was abandoning her. She felt like a knife stroke through her heart. She hoped that maybe, just maybe she would tell her that it was fine; that they will sort things out together.

 But no, this is Maria that we are talking about. She wouldn’t do that even if her life depended on it. Well, that's a little bit going overboard, but you get the idea.

Anyways, Gabriella held up a tear and finally said “Maria, I’m really sorry. I’ll go and try to come up with an agreement with whom I crashed. Don’t worry.”   

Then she put on a smile, as if to tell her sister that everything was fine - even if she knew that she didn't care now that she wasn't responsible of the crash anymore-, and got out of the car.

The chilly air welcomed her as she exited the vehicle and made her way to the so called Lamborghini that was in front of her.

As she grew closer to her destination, she couldn’t help but notice that the smell was intensifying. It only made her feel more confident. All the thoughts that pestered her earlier were gone. She wasn’t afraid to confront the person that she has yet to meet.

I can do it. Everything will be okay...

She kept repeating this phrase in her head like a mantra.

Suddenly someone got out of the car. She couldn’t see him clearly but she could tell that it was a man. Just his silhouette made her heat beat faster. It wasn’t from fear, no. It was ... from excitement?