Chapter 9 ~ Trip to the seaside...

Then, seeing as the pigs could still recognize them, she crashed her lips on his, this time successfully hiding both their faces from the rest of the world.

***

When their lips connected this time, everything around them seemed to stop. The shock that had Rayne unable to understand the situation he was in  quickly subsided as they both lost themselves in the kiss. Everything was perfect. The exact same sensations were there. But those butterflies had never showed up. Instead, they felt like horses were racing inside them, making them more excited, if that was even possible. 

However,  the making out session had to stop at some point if they wanted to breathe and stay alive. At least, that was the case for Gabriella. Rayne was still struggling to control his instinctive urges around his mate, but this time his condition got way better than a week ago, when they were at the party.

In the end, they finally let go of each other. Instead, they connected their foreheads and started panting heavily, showing how much craving and passion each of them held for the other one. But everything has to come to an end, and this special moment was no exception.

Gabriella was speechless. Wh-what?  She couldn't form a coherent thought no matter how much she tried to. She was trapped between the fear of being caught by the infamous trio, the excitement she felt in Rayne's arms and, last but  not least, the vow she made to herself to stay away from this oh-so-gorgeous man in front of her.

Snap of it! She finally thought as she started realizing the situation she was in. It was kind of embarrassing, not too much, right? It's not like she had just kissed the one man she had asked not even five minutes ago to leave her alone without giving him a proper explanation.

 Shit, what did I do?  

Time passed and  Gabriella got more and more embarrassed. Heat rose to her cheeks, making her feel like she was on fire. She was still breathing heavily, staring at those blue orbs that seemed to show the exact same emotions she did.

Longing and... love.

However, she could also distinguish a glint of amusement in them. The ghost of a smirk that appeared on Rayne's features only made her sink further in embarrassment . Therefore, to cover up for her spontaneous act, she started explaining everything. But she quickly understood that it wasn't as easy as it sounded when  she started rambling again. And what was the result? No, think a little bit more. Yes!  You guessed it correctly.

She managed to embarrass herself even more.

"Um.. It's not what you think. I swear. There were... you know, no?  The one... no, they were three. Look, I'm sorry. No, I mean-"

Fortunately for Gabriella, her rant was quickly forgotten as the two of them heard noises coming from behind. Normally, it wouldn't have affected them. They were outside, after all. A lot of citizens were surrounding them but among the mass of people, Gabriella recognized the voice of one of the three pigs. As a consequence, she stopped ranting and buried her face further in Rayne's neck. Then she listened.

It was Diablo's voice.

"Hey! Chief, I think we lost the chick!"  He said with a rather bored tone.

"Damn, If only I could put my hands on her. Oh! The things I could do to her. I'd definitely enjoy making her cry till she begs me to release her." The chief said hoarsely.

"You are right, she's fine. I could bang her all night." Responded the third one.

"Oh shut the fu** up! Now you are making me want her even more! Go find her before you become the one begging. Diablo, turn to your right. Clown, disappear to the left! Now get lost!" Demanded  the Chief, this time with an angry voice.