Chapter 17 (Epilogue) ~Goodbye...

"I should have told you." He told her while a tear ran down his cheek.

*** (Please, make sure to read the A/N)

That day Rayne finally understood what was happening. He finally let the reality surface from where he had buried it. All along, Rayne had already known the outcome of the situation, but he didn't want to accept it.

Gabriella was slipping away from his hold. She was going to die and he couldn't do anything to save her.

Everything was his fault. He had made her like that. If he had told her the truth before, she would have been safe and sound, talking and laughing beside him. They could've been lying on his bed, relaxing and doing whatever couples did when they were together, but it was not the case.

Rayne had let the opportunity go and now he was paying the price. He could've had his vampire mate next to him. But now all he had was a sick human dying in his room.

What was he expecting, that she'd wake up as if nothing had happened? She was only a defenseless human after all. He could have turned her, saved her from whatever harm someone could possibly inflict to her and loved her till the end of time.

He could have, but he didn't.

That day reality hit Rayne hard as he watched his vulnerable mate dry out of every single bit of life that was once in her. The sweet blush that she had on her beautiful cheeks were long gone. Instead a pale looking Gabriella was everything he saw as he watched her die.

Rayne was now sitting on his bed, next to Gabriella. He tried to warm at least her hand by grabbing it. Rayne still felt that delightful feeling he got whenever he touched her so he thought maybe it would work for her. Maybe she'd feel him and come back to him.

"Come to me..." He told her desperately as tears ran down his cheeks.

That day Rayne cried a lot.

Gabriella's hand was getting more and more difficult to warm. Rayne understood that her end was getting close. He knew that this was not a movie where the main lead would suddenly wake up from her deep slumber. He was not in a fairy tale, but a tragedy.

***

Days passed and finally a week after Gabriella's poisoning ended. Rayne woke up that morning startled. He had slept the night before next to his mate, just like the preceding days . But that morning was different.

A sudden wave of iciness went thought his heart. He could feel it break in tiny pieces. The pain was unbearable. It was as if a part of him was being ripped from his body. It was a feeling that  no one should ever experience in his life. And that's when it hit him.

Gabriella.

His little mate was leaving him. Why? This is so soon . He thought while his hear broke over and over again. But it seemed that his pain was nothing compared to his mate's. After a while, the calm and motionless Gabriella let her most excruciating and sharp scream. It was the worst sound a vampire could hear in his whole life.

Rayne felt his life draining from his body. His whole being was shutting down, just like his mate's. That agonizing scream ended it all. It was a high pitch sound followed by nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Rayne felt empty. He knew nothing could ever fill his heart again. He was going to live the eternity all by himself. Lonely.

Because now Gabriella, his sweet little mate was dead.

"No!" He shouted. "Gabriella, no! Please baby, don't leave me..." But silence was once again the only response he got.

THE END.

*** A/N ***

Um, we really don't know how to start this author note but we'll try to make it brief and clear. :)

Well first of all, thank you so much for sticking with us till the end. We hope you enjoyed reading CTM as much as we did while we were writing it.

We were really surprised the last few weeks when we met a lot of new people that actually enjoyed reading tragedies. Well, personally we hate sad endings but when we thought about it, we couldn't find a better ending to this story. We wanted to keep it realistic and we think we succeeded...

Bullshit!

We hate sad endings! Happy April fool's day!! (even though we're in august :p) This is definitely not the end. In fact, the real story is starting from the next chapter. So as a matter of fact, this "epilogue" is just a prank. We thought it was the perfect time to do it. Sorry if anyone almost threw their laptop/phone/ whatever you're using.  And don't throw profanities at us that much, we know you love us. :P

No but seriously, do a lot of you guys like these type of endings? Sad and tragic and urgh!... Let us know in the in the comments. :)

Vote if you already knew this was only a prank. Or if you didn't and hated us while you read this "epilogue". Btw, u mad bro? 

Don't forget to comment and follow and as always, have a great day/ night :D

A&K