Chapter 2 ~The human's world...

After the talk he had with Mike, Rayne couldn’t run away from reality anymore. He needed to find the truth about the incident, no… the murder. So there he was, in a completely foreign world for him. But what was he supposed to do there again? Yeah, right... He was looking for his soul mate! Without her he couldn't ascent to the throne and he needed it.

Anyway where the heck was he supposed to start his search? He sure as hell knew that it would be difficult to find her, but he never thought that he would be that disoriented in the human’s world.

 Dangling over the cliff, Rayne considered his options. Did he really want to become king? Was he prepared for such a responsibility? Would he know how to rule a whole kingdom by himself? Those were some of the questions that tormented him… And the most important one, would his soul mate be ready to leave everything behind her, her life, her friends and her family for him? The more he thought about those possibilities, the more he anguished.

But he decided to clear all these bad thoughts. When the moment comes, he would know what to do. Or at least he hoped!

 It was a beautiful summer day. The sun was shining brightly and the sky was free from clouds.. As he sat down on the white sand and the oddly cold breeze for a summer day run through his messy hair, he remembered what Mike had told him few weeks ago about the murder of Kate…

They didn’t know who could’ve done such atrocity, but he was sure of one thing: after coming upon his mate, he would trace the murderer and take his life with his own hands!

That sounded baleful, but hey, he was not in his normal state, he only wanted revenge for the death of his brother and his wife at all costs!

***

Gabriella Autumn Winters woke up that morning feeling great; she had just graduated from high school and during all those years she managed to pass as the quiet nerdy girl that no one wanted to talk to. But she didn’t complain, in fact she hoped that her college life would be as uneventful as her past high school years were.

Apart from studying, her only distraction was reading. She absolutely loved her books and most of them were those cheesy, romantic, teen fictions that had her believe that maybe, just maybe someday someone would notice her and want to be with her. But as the years passed by she knew that they were called fictions for a reason. But her love for these books never ceased, hell they were her only friends as she put it, they shielded her from the hurtful reality…

Yes, her high school life wasn’t exactly uneventful if we take in consideration all the bullying she had to endure. But now that she was out of that hell and she was sure to never return to it, she gladly decided to forget about everything and start changing her life to a better one. And she was determined not to let anyone ruin it.

For that, she had a few things planned for that summer and the first one was looking for a job. It was only for the summer but she believed that it would build her confidence, plus gaining some money wasn’t unwelcomed.

 She also wanted to stay away from her –as she calls it- weird family. But the truth was that they weren’t weird they were only different, very different from her. There were times when she asked herself if she really was part of her family. Not that she didn’t love them, no, but the contrast between them was drastic.

 The first one was her father ,John. There is nothing much to say about him apart from being  the loveliest one in the family, but he was absent most of the time because of his hectic schedule filled with a lot of meetings, trips and company stuff. Whenever she wanted to go out with him or even talk to him, he always would tell her he was busy. Long story short: he was a workaholic. Well maybe she took after him in something. But that was definitely not the case with her mother.

Sarah, her mother, was forty-three but if anyone saw her, he or she would be ready to swear she wasn’t over thirty. She worked as a writer for a famous magazine but she was often mistaken for a model. Her appearance would only confirm it. She always dressed according to the trend and her looks, well with her long blond hair and sparkling green eyes she was definitely something to look at.

And finally there was her older sister, Maria. Well, everything about her is pretty much said as she is a copy of Sarah; the looks, the dressing style… heck, even her personality was the same as her mother's.

Maria was the type of girl that could never stay in the shadows; she always had to have the spotlight even if it meant taking it from her sister. At first she had to steal attention from Gabriella, but as they grew older everyone started focusing on Maria and little by little, the former one became practically invisible.  

 And if anyone haven't figured it out yet, her sister, Maria was the queen bee when she was still in high school and even after starting college two years ago, her popularity only seamed to increase. How cliché, isn’t it?

 Well, Gabriella was definitely going to stay away from her nagging mother and sister. They were always telling her to change her clothing style into something more feminine and to start putting on some make up.

They always said she was a disgrace either when her mother’s colleagues saw her or when her sister’s friends did. But Gabriella didn’t share the same opinion, so the nagging and scolding began. They’d either say some hurtful words about her fashion sense or they would mock her. At first, those comments pained Gabriella, but as time went by, she started getting used  to them, even if it never ceased to hurt her...

  So the summer break was definitely welcomed as she decided to get a job that would suit her. The only thing she wanted was for it to be as far as possible from home, and if possible somewhere where she could master up some courage and interact with people.

*** A/N***

Thank you  so much for reading.

Don't forget to comment/ vote/ follow :D

Have a nice day/ night,

A&K