Chapter 7 ~ The party...

Rayne lead his mate inside the party. This time for good.

***

When they entered the house the first thing Gabriella noticed was the mass of people either dancing or drinking and the music blasting from the huge speakers  located near the door. So that's what a real party looks like... Gabriella thought .

Rayne's hand was still resting on her waist as he lead her further in between the mass of bodies till they arrived to a group of people.  Gabriella still had mixed feelings about all of this. Something told her it wasn't going to be a peaceful night. But unsurprisingly, looking at the not-so-stranger-anymore beside her made her feel more relaxed. She just had to stay next to him, right?

When Rayne saw a certain group of people, he slowed his pace and started looking for the person who made him agree to come here. At first he was going to get angry at him. But now he felt like hugging him. If it wasn't for him he wouldn't had gone on the road he had the accident in and thus, he wouldn't have met Gabriella.

 But no matter how many times he looked for  him, he still couldn't  find him. He was sure he'd be with his friends in the group they were nearing. But no, he wasn't there. 

As he was going to turn and look in another place, one person from the mentioned group shouted his name, successfully making him stop on his tracks. Rayne recognized him as Jake, one of John's closest friends. But he was also one huge flirt. 

When he saw him coming at them, Rayne couldn't help but consider him as a threat and out of pure instincts he tightened his hold on Gabriella's waist.

"Hey! Rayne!" Jake shouted. "So in the end you decided to show up..." He continued but stopped for a second to check Gabriella before resuming  "Who do we have here? I know you don't do things such as being in a relationship. So who's this little beauty? Do you mind introducing her?" 

When Rayne saw the look of lust and desire on Jake's eyes, he had the urge to rip his throat open and drink form him till he was totally drained from blood. His fangs were about to pop up. It was the first time he experienced this type of emotions. He didn't know he was able to feel them and it was starting to scare him.

He was being jealous.

Gabriella was taken aback by what the stranger said. Plus, he was looking at her like he wanted to eat her alive of something. It scared her to the core. No one in the past paid her attention. And if attention was like that, she was glad no one did. So she did the best thing she could do in that situation.

She hugged the stranger back.

When Rayne felt his mate's hand on him, he knew she was scared of Jake and she needed protection. Why would she be scared? He hasn't done anything to her. Thoughts like that crossed his mind but he quickly shoved them off as he started composing himself to finally give his reply. When he finally made sure that his fangs weren't going to show up anytime soon, he said with a fake smile.

"No, I don't mind at all. This little beauty, as you say, is far from being my sister. She is my girlfriend." He then let go of Gabriella's waist and made his way to Jake. When his mouth was an inch apart from his ear, he whispered in a  threatening  tone. "So you'd better watch your language before you regret it."  

Then he took hold of Gabriella's hand and shoved past Jake to go where the group was. Rayne knew he was being immature. Jake had always been the flirt of the group but when it came to the girls who were his  friends, he always respected them. But he still couldn't push that jealous feeling. He had to learn to control it.

Nathaniel always told him about his relationship with Kate. In one of their discussions he mentioned something about jealousy. He told him that when he first met Kate, he wanted to kill every male who dared to look at her. But eventually, after some time, he learned to control that urge.