Chapter 26 ~ Moving on... Part III

Indeed my little mate, it's only the beginning.

The smirk never left his features as he retreated from their bedroom to make the rest of their breakfast.

***

Toast and scrambled eggs accompanied with mint tea.

Somehow Rayne had found that the green beverage was his mate's favorite drink. It was among the few things that she had never given back, untouched. In fact normally she'd drink the whole cup up. As a result, one of their cupboards was now entirely filled with tea bags.

As he was preparing their breakfast, Gabriella was enjoying the crimson liquid in their room. All the remorse she thought she was going to feel was replaced by a delightful feeling as she enjoyed her drink. With that being said, traces of the annoyance was still clear on her features.

But she still had time to get back at him. Plus, once in the kitchen she noticed that he had prepared mint tea, her favorite. Since it was their first meal together, Gabriella noticed how little he touched his cup. He clearly wasn't enjoying the drink as much as she did, yet he still had prepared it almost every day. Her heart couldn't help but melt at the sight of such sweet yet simple act.

***

As the day went on, Gabriella and Rayne had finally come to the point were they could start unveiling and discovering each other. After breakfast Gabriella had decided to explore the cottage. She had been in the place for weeks now, yet the only two rooms she was familiar with were her bedroom and the adjacent bathroom.

Rayne gladly offered her a tour. One of the first rooms he showed her was clearly a large living room. The wall opposite them was all crystal, making the beautiful landscape visible. Since the torment was long gone, the bright sky was clear and the sea was more alive than ever, with the wind creating beautiful waves that imposed themselves on the shore as they hit it with vehemence.

A beautiful black piano was on one of the corners. Gabriella made a bee line to the instrument. After playing random keys Rayne asked her whether she knew how to play it or not.

He clearly saw her as a piano girl.

Rayne could imagine her delicate fingers caressing the instrument's keys, creating a soft music. Her answer though proved to him that there was still a lot caged in his mate that he had yet to discover.

"I was once asked by my dad if I wanted to learn how to play an instrument..." Gabriella began, as the corners of her mouth slowly lifted up. Rayne could tell that his little mate was submerged into a sweet yet distant memory, and that now she was about to share it with him.

"And since I didn't exactly have friends, I decided to go for it. Music had been a great pastime, so I spent the last eleven years of my life learning how to play the instrument I had chosen." Gabriella resumed, still holding that smile. "But no, I didn't chose the piano. Now don't get me wrong, I love it,
but it didn't attract me as much as-"

 Surprisingly enough, behind the piano, leaning on the wall was the instrument that had let her set all her stress free whenever she had a fight with her mother or with her sister. The instrument she had thought was impossible to master yet she still worked hard, day and night until she finally did. Gabriella let the sentence hanged until she came close enough to touch it.

"The guitar." She finally said.

Rayne was completely thrown off guard. Who would've thought that his mate had it in her.

The instrument was an electric guitar, one that didn't need an amplifier to work since it was fueled by magic. Judging by his mate's expression he knew if he asked her whether she also played the electric instrument, her answer was going to be positive.