Chapter 5 ~ On the way...

Yep, it was definitely worth it...

***

That was the first thing Rayne thought  after he calmed himself down. He was ecstatic about the idea of having his beautiful mate near him. She was bringing out a side of him of which he was oblivious. It was starting to scare him; they actually haven't done anything intimate yet and he's already feeling like this.

Right now they were in his car, buckling their seatbelts. She sat on the passenger seat. She, his mate, was near him. He still couldn't believe it. But he knew that she'll soon sort things out with him and go back to her normal life.

Without him.

Just the thought of that happening made him want to go to her and tell her everything. He wanted to let her know that they were mates; that they were meant to be together... But he knew that If he wanted her to stay by his side, because the settlement thing wouldn't last long, he had to come up with something else.

And quickly...

What can I do? I can't let her go like this... Not after I found her! He thought as he started driving. It was driving him insane. When he was still young, he always told Mike he was going to care for his mate and love her till the end of time. He wanted to be the most affectionate and gentle mate ever. Just the thought of hurting her made him flinch.

But it wasn't the case anymore.

 Rayne knew that in order to convince her to stay with him, he had to be mean. It pained him to know that he'll have to use this method. He tried to look for another way to do it but he couldn't come up with anything better. His time was limited and at least he didn't want to force her to come with him. So for the time being he had to be bad, and he already had an idea of what he was going to do.

Just thinking of it made an evil smirk appear on his lips.

It's not going to be so bad...

They had been driving for some time but neither of them said a word. Rayne was deep in thought and Gabriella was still shocked by her actions.

Did I really just got in a car with a complete stranger?  But surprisingly she wasn't scared. In fact, she was relaxed and it almost felt right to be with him. He had something that made her feel special. Just remembering the way  he looked at her when they first met  made her heart skip a  beat again. He looked at her the way a man in love would look at his crush.

Wait, what? Love?  She quickly shook her head and snapped from these absurd thoughts. She let out a humorless laugh. He was only a stranger and she was there for a reason, the agreement;  not for developing a crush over some stranger she wasn't going to see ever again.

Surprisingly, the thought of not seeing him again hurt her. She quickly took a glance at him and saw him deep in thoughts. She wondered about what he was thinking so profoundly.

 Again, she shook her head. It was none of her business. In fact, she also had to start thinking about a proposition that'd beneficiate both parties. Well, she wasn't going to get any benefit. She was the one who caused the damage after all, so she had to take responsibility and pay the price. Now, the question was, with what was she going to pay?

She didn't have any money and the only thing she could ask her family for was mercy.

They were going to kill her, there was no doubt in it. Some may think that Gabriella was being overdramatic, but she'd only tell them to go ahead and try to live with Maria and Sarah. They were like the living version of Cinderella's stepsisters, but way meaner.