Chapter 12 ~ The confession...

But little did he know that Gabriella had been awake the whole time.

***

When she woke up from her slumber Gabriella couldn't feel anything. Time passed and she slowly regained consciousness. When she was fully aware of her surroundings, she noticed a man's voice near her. 

Then she began panicking.

She didn't panic because she was near the man who successfully abducted her, or because she was as vulnerable and defenseless as a fly trapped in between a dozen of frogs, no.  The man could do anything to her and she couldn't care less.

The problem was with her body. No matter how many times she tried moving a part of it, she couldn't. Her hands, her eyes, her legs, her mouth,... her body didn't respond.

She was numb; conscious but still numb.

Her chest felt heavy and she felt something warm running down her cheeks. She was crying. The man didn't seem to notice it. In fact, in the last few minutes he hadn't made any noise. Maybe he is asleep, Gabriella thought trying to focus on something else. After a minute or so, soft snoring noises became audible, confirming Gabriella's hypothesis.  

Knowing that the man wasn't conscious made Gabriella feel better. She felt more relaxed. Her body seemed to agree with her mind because she was beginning to control her fingers, her hands and her feet. An excruciating pain washed through her whenever she attempted to move, but seeing as her body was responding, it was definitely worth it.

Time passed and, with a lot of effort, Gabriella could almost move completely.  Her body was once again under control so she let a sigh of relief and decided to rest. She was more than exhausted and she needed a lot of energy if she wanted to escape. In her state she was sure she couldn't even stand straight so she decided to take a nap.

Her kidnapper seemed to be tired. He didn't even flinch when she was stirring and moving around. All the cries of joy she let whenever she moved a new part of her body went unnoticed by him. It was the same thing for the cries of pain she let when the hurting became unbearable.

He was as conscious as a fish out of water.

With that in mind Gabriella closed her eyes and waited for sleep to take over her, but it never happened. Her mind was busy thinking about a certain someone.

Rayne.

Just the thought of him made a smile appear on her features, which immediately morphed into a grimace when another wave of pain washed through her face. However, her condition wasn't enough to bring her out of her deep thoughts.

Gabriella's life was everything but eventful. She described it as dull and nerdy. No, don't get me wrong, she wasn't complaining. She was happy with how simple it was. Her books had made up for the holes she had in her heart when it came to family and friends. However, that fateful day changed everything for her. That day she gained a friend and an obsession.

Yes, an obsession. Gabriella couldn't, no, she didn't want to describe her feelings for Rayne in another way. She was too scared to find out how deep her feeling had gotten for him.

 It hadn't been long since she met Rayne and there she was, thinking about him whenever she could. Heck, she was in the middle of nowhere and instead of thinking of a way to escape, she was remembering everything that happened to her since she met him.

Now that she thought about it, they had seen each other only twice, yet it almmost felt impossible. Her first party, her first kiss, her first friend, the trip to the seaside, so many things in only two days.