Chapter 8 ~ The third kiss...

Her sentence was suddenly cut when Rayne's lips crashed right into hers.

***

At first Rayne was confused with his actions. He was just going to mess up with Gabriella but he ended up kissing her. With the romantic ambience and the slow music the timing was just perfect for it.

She was in his arms looking so innocent yet sexy at the same time. Her eyes were those of a scared deer yet they held such a burning passion inside that made him go on fire. In the end he lost control of his rational side. Instead he let his instincts take the lead and he ended up doing what he wanted to do since he first laid his eyes on her.

He kissed her.

When his lips landed on hers, everything around him seemed to fade. Now there was only Gabriella and him. A lot of emotions suddenly came to him but among them, the ones that stood out the most were excitement, love and happiness.

He felt like he could stay like that forever. He didn’t need anything else. Everything was perfect for him and judging by Gabriella’s heartbeat, she was feeling the exact same way.

At first, both of them were shocked by the intimate act. However, after a while they closed their eyes and their lips started to move in sync. It was like they were made for each other and the kiss only proved it. It was passionate and it conveyed the unspoken emotions that they both held to each other.

Rayne was so lost in his trance that he forgot about the vampire part of him. His fangs were going to show up anytime now. He couldn’t let her know about him yet. Moreover, she was just a human and she needed to breathe more frequently than vampires do. As a result, Rayne reluctantly broke the kiss.

Immediately after, Rayne felt like a wave of emptiness had washed over him. She was right into his arms, their foreheads were touching and her eyes bored right into his with a burning passion, yet he couldn’t help but want to kiss her again. He wanted her badly and he knew from the way she looked at him that she was feeling the same.

In the end, his patience reached its limit as he closed the distance between their lips again. This time both of them were prepared. They both closed their eyes at the right time and welcomed the new wave of bliss that came with the intimate act.

***

When the kiss ended, Gabriella could finally use her brain to think. Her rational part was telling her to let go of him while the sentimental one told her to kiss him like there’s no tomorrow. The inner  argument was quickly forgotten as his lips crashed into her for the second time.

This time, Gabriella felt like she was a key that has finally found its lock. It was like they were the two halves of a fitting puzzle. Gabriella’s hands automatically found their way to Rayne’s hair and started playing with it.

When Rayne felt his mate’s hand ruffling his hair, something clicked inside him. It made him go wilder, if it was even possible. In response of this sudden but delightful gesture, he let out a deep growl and tightened his hold on Gabriella’s waist.

Just as the kiss was getting to the next level, the music suddenly stopped and a loud noise successfully brought Gabriella and Rayne back to reality.

“I told you I’m not crazy nor I’m drunk. I don’t drink you pig ass of a dictator. I’m going to make a revolution and then you’ll see. Be sure to remember this name: Meagan! M-E-A-G-A-N! That’s how it’s spelled and one day she will, no wait, it’s me, so, then... What was it? Oh yes! I will take you down!”

Megan, no, Meagan really knows how to make entrances! Was the first thingGabriella thought about the scene that unfolded in front of her. Apparently, some guy dared to disagree with Meagan. Now he’s just paying the price of his actions.