Chapter 25 ~ Moving on... Part II

After taking a deep breath Gabriella finally manned up and said. "I want to complete the mating process."

***

Rayne couldn't believe his ears. "Wh-what?"

Disbelief was clear in his tone, yet Gabriella wasn't having any of it. Words couldn't convey what she wanted to transmit. She realized that all the apologizes and words of thankfulness she was attempting to tell him were worthless. She wasn't going to dwell on the past. She had wasted so much time to spent more of it explaining that while being a vampire was completely new and still foreign to her, she was willing to give it a shot.

Gabriella was ready to embrace what she had become with all of herself. She had realized just how much she had changed yet how little it had affected her. No matter how many transformations she had gone through, and how many truths she had discovered in the past few days, she was still the same Gabriella. Still the same awkward girl who loved reading and hated being the centre of attention. Still the same clumsy girl who was once bullied for having social phobia.

Only now she could defend and stand up for herself. Well, at least that's what she hoped for. It depended on the type of powers she'd get, if she actually had magic in her. Truth be told, as days passed Gabriella had started questioning whether she'd develop any kind of ability or not...

"I know it took me too long, but here I am." She said, maintaining her eyes planted on his, so he could see how determined she was. However, Rayne's disbelief and stubborn mind wasn't going to back down so easily. Gabriella could see it in the way his own gaze fell upon her.

Gabriella chose to ignore his questioning stare as she rested her hand on his cheek. Silence had reigned over the atmosphere as she began stroking it gently. No words were needed. Time passed and Gabriella's hand never left its place. Her other hand, however, slowly found its way to his chest while Rayne's hands tightened their hold on her waist, bringing them closer.

With a small smile of acceptance Rayne finally closed the distasteful distance between them as he took hold of his mate's lips, having found a new purpose for doing it.

Once the electrifying sensation invaded Gabriella's body, everything suddenly became real to her. Her mind started racing with thoughts. One thing was saying that she was going to complete the mating process and another was actually doing it. Somehow Rayne wasn't doing anything about it. What was she going to do now?

Slowly, Rayne trailed tender and delicate kisses down her neck until he found its softest spot, where he felt her pulse pumping violently. A shiver of delight escaped him as he knew he was the cause of such response from his mate.

With the heat of the moment, Rayne let his upper fangs gracefully make their way out of his mouth right before sinking them into the soft spot of his mate's neck.

Gabriella was surprised to say the least. Surprised with herself as she had never experienced something with such intensity. When she felt something pointy trailing on top of her neck something snapped within her body. It was as if her nerves were attracted to where the tips of Rayne's fangs were going, following their touch, needing them.

What was he doing to her?

Her question was never answered as the teasing stopped. A squeal of surprise escaped her lips as she welcomed the wave of passion that came with the intimate act. Having her mate's fangs inside her was something she thought would be repulsive and utterly feral. She envisaged it as something she'd have done for Rayne, feeling sorry for him as he was fated to have her for a mate.

Instead she was greeted with the most addicting sensation she had ever come to feel. The feeling was raw and primal. After meeting Rayne a range of new emotions were sown to her yet nothing could compare to what she was experimenting.