Chapter 3 ~ The accident...

Three days had passed since the summer break officially started. Gabriella still didn't have any idea of what was about to happen to her. Her life would completely change but for now, she was having breakfast alone in the kitchen. Not that she minded. In fact it was her decision. She would always wait for her mother and sister to finish eating before she'd start her own meal. That way she avoided any useless fight which could only ruin the rest of her day.

After she finished eating she went to the living room and switched the TV on. She flicked through some random channels, not really paying them any attention. She only wanted to kill some time till Maria got ready.

That day Gabriella had an interview for a job. She applied for a waitress post in an Italian restaurant in town. It wasn’t the best offer but that’s what she had, and it was better than nothing, or at least that was what she thought.

She had planned on taking the bus to go to said interview but the day before, she overheard Maria talking to their mother about going to some the spa they had in town. So she asked her sister if she could drop her on her way to the spa in the restaurant.

  At first she thought that she would decline and tell her she had better things to do, but she was surprised when Maria accepted.

But of course everything had its price and Maria’s is very expensive. That’s why after agreeing, she immediately added “Yes, but don’t get too ahead of yourself; if you want me to take you there, you’ll have to do every single thing that I tell you for….for …. a week. “

“B-but that’s unfair, I know how you get when you make me your personal servant, no the correct word here is slave, and I really don’t have a death wish!  Maria please…”

“I’m not bargaining here, missy. But if we extend the deadline to a month, I may let you use my car to go to that stupid workplace of yours” She smirked and then added “when I’m not using it, of course.”

Gabriella really wanted to punch her sister right into her jaw.

 She had been her slave twice before, and it never ended well. There was even a time when she woke up in the hospital because Maria thought it would be great if she had an acrobat sister. She told her to twist in many ways and she ended up with two broken ribs and a heavy cast in her left hand.

Oh and by the way, she is left handed.

Anyways, after some thinking, she finally let a sigh of defeat and said “Well, I accept, but it has to be a month, not a single day more!”

Maria smirked, clapped her hands. "That’s my little sister.” Then she made her way to her room but before entering it she added, “Oh and tomorrow you’ll be driving and after you finish your interview you’ll immediately pick me up from the spa. You know that I can’t handle the traffic stress. I’m too sensitive…”

Gabriella snorted but she quickly covered it up and said “Yeah, of course you are…” 

After that, Gabriella knew that she was in hell for sure, but she couldn’t help it. She wanted to stay away from her family but it wasn’t possible anymore, at least for now.

For instance she just hoped that they’d accept her for the job. That way her sacrifice wouldn’t go in vain…

And there she was, half an hour later, still waiting for her sister to finish getting ready so she could finally get over with this interview.

 Nervous was an understatement of how she was feeling at that moment, and it only worsened as time passed.

Another half hour passed and Maria finally decided to show up. She was dressed in an extravagant pink dress. It was strapless and it hugged her on the right places, showing her natural curves. It kind of suited her, or her personality at least. Her blonde hair was tied up into a high ponytail. A tight one, it almost looked painful.