Three

When Josh walked into McDonald's, he's not really sure what he expected. Was he meeting some old pervert? Some kid that was trolling him? A psycho murderer perhaps? But when Josh's dark eyes scanned the fairly empty lobby, they quickly landed on a boy in the back corner. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a red shirt, a heavy, unbuttoned black coat covering his small frame.

Josh groaned internally, how was he supposed to know if this was the guy or not? His arms were covered and his head was down, staring at his phone screen. There was no way in hell that Josh was going to walk up to a stranger and start a conversation with him if he had no idea who he was. He's too fidgety, too awkward to do such a thing, but yet, somehow, he found himself right next to the boy, standing beside the table.

"Uhm, h-hi." Josh breathed, his hands messing with the hem of his own hoodie sleeves. The black haired boy avoided the other man's eyes as he lifted his head. "This is, uhm, awkward but-" Josh paused as his gaze landed upon a long scar across the other boy's throat. This had to be him. "Are you, uhm, is-is your name Ty?" He asked shyly, biting his bottom lip.

The corners of Ty's lips curled into a smile and he quickly nodded. "J, I presume?"

Ty gestured for Josh to sit down across from him, which he did, scooting over a little bit so that he was directly in front of him. "Y-Yeah, um, Josh actually. But-But J is fine, it doesn't really matter, really doesn't-- yeah..." Josh trailed off, looking down at his lap. He always did this, he always messed things up. He can't even introduce himself properly, let alone keep up a civil conversation.

Ty's smile broadened and he nodded once again. "Okay, Josh, I'm Tyler. But Ty is just fine if you'd rather call me that." He shrugged, not really seeming to be weirded out at all by Josh's antics. Which was actually weirding out Josh.

"O-Okay." Josh replied, his cheeks flushing a dark rosy color. "Sorry I'm so awkward, I just- I'm bad at meeting new people and-and, well, conversation in general."

"That's alright, meeting people is hard sometimes." Tyler replied softly, his dark eyes finally connecting with Josh's.

Josh's breath caught in his throat when he saw Tyler. I mean sure, he'd glanced at him a few times during his awkward stammering but he hadn't truly looked at him until now. Tyler turned away, feeling a little uneasy with Josh's stare but he didn't say anything, too afraid of what Josh's response would be.

"So, uh, I was thinking that we could start talking about what our plan was. First of all, how many days do you have left?" Tyler asked, referring to Josh's expiration date he was given when he joined the site.

"Well, I literally just got on it yesterday so, nineteen." The black haired boy replied, brown eyes still taking in Tyler's appearance.

"Oh... I-I only have ten left but-but according to the rules, I have to set mine back to yours so that we can die together and, well, give you enough time to prepare." Tyler said with a sigh, running his fingers through his short, brown hair.

"Maybe-Maybe we can meet in the middle or something?" Josh suggested, not liking the sudden change in Tyler's facial expression. He thought that the boy was too beautiful, too perfect to be so upset.

Tyler just shook his head. "No, it's-it's fine, really." He replied, closing his eyes for a moment and taking in a deep breath before speaking again. "I know it's silly because it's just a website and really, we should be able to come up with our own rules and how we want to do it, it's just- I dunno, I just like the idea of actually doing something right for once."