Twenty-Three

all of a sudden Brendon is nice?
_

"Hey," Tyler yawned, shuffling into the living room as he rubbed his tired eyes.

The boy had only gotten about four hours of sleep but when he woke up to an empty bed, he immediately got worried.

"What're you doing out h-?" The younger boy paused, eyes shifting to Josh who was asleep on the sofa and back to Brendon who was watching the television on mute.

Every once in a while, Brendon would look at the tv screen, reading the subtitles as he attempted to pay attention to the show. But he couldn't stop thinking about what could have possibly driven Josh to do something like this, and what was the real story between him and Pete?

"Why's he here? What happened? Shit, Bee, you didn't hurt him, did you?"

"N-No, Ty, nothing like that. He was at the lake, uh..." Brendon trailed off, glancing over at the sleeping boy before he took his boyfriend's hands.

"He tried to drown himself." He said lowly, voice almost a whisper "I brought him back here because I felt like he didn't need to be alone right now."

Tyler froze, mouth agape as he stared at his boyfriend. "He what?"

Brendon just nodded, not wanting to say it again. "I feel bad, i just... I think it might have something to do with him seeing Pete last night or- this was all just so sudden. I mean, you talk to him, did you know he was suicidal?"

Brendon opened his arms, letting Tyler sit on his lap, cuddling the boy tightly.

"N-No." The other boy lied quickly, shaking his head. "I knew he was depressed, yeah, but I never thought he'd try to take his life."

Tyler felt bad for lying, but he knew that he couldn't tell Brendon the truth. What was he to say, 'of course I knew, we were planning on dying together'? No. He couldn't.

"What, uhm, do you know what really happened with Pete?"

Tyler flinched, just like Josh had done. Ever since he found out the whole story, Tyler couldn't take hearing his name without growing angry. His blood boiled at the thought of merely the man's name. "Yes."

"C-Can you tell me? He didn't want to talk about it and I really need to know, he-... If-If something bad actually happened, I need to stop-" Brendon huffed, shaking his head. "Pete is dating my best friend now. If what I heard is really true, I need to warn Dallon."

"I don't... Look, Dallon needs to get out of that relationship fast but- I can't just tell you Josh's life story, I mean, he never even told me, I had to find out from an old friend of his." He sighed, shaking his head. "Plus if he were to wake up while I was still talking, I just- I can't."

"He won't wake up, I swear."

"How do you-?" Tyler looked up, eyes locking with his boyfriend's. "What did you do?"

"Nothing, I was just worried that he might try to make a get away. He was so wound up, you can't even imagine how broken he looked when I pulled him from the water." Brendon explained, defending himself. "So I added a bit of melatonin to the drinking water I gave him. He needed rest."

Tyler scolded him, giving him a look. Though he couldn't really say that he wouldn't do the same thing. The boy looked over at Josh, a soft smile making it's way to his lips when he saw how peaceful he looked. "Fine... I'll tell you. But you have to take this seriously and you have to get Dallon away from Pete."

"I promise."

-

A few hours had passed since Tyler had woken up and now he was wandering around the house, trying his best to clean up. Every one had their very own way to help distract themselves from reality and, well, cleaning was Tyler's.

Death Pact ~ JoshlerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara