Twenty-Two

i'm sorry, i just couldn't do it.
______

⚠️ WARNING: The following chapter contains a suicide scene and talk of suicide. Please be safe.
If you're suicidal, just remember that you're not alone in this. Please please please message me if you need anything. Even if it's just someone to talk to, I'm here.

-

Brendon groaned, wiping the sweat off of his forehead with the back of his hand. He paused, hunching over to place his hands against his knees. He took a moment to catch his breath, brown eyes scanning the pink and purple skies for a glimpse of the low sun.

He didn't know what time it was but he knew that it was early, that much he knew for sure. His party had ended just after Josh and Frank had left but Brendon had yet to go to sleep. Instead, he tucked Tyler into their shared king sized bed and went out for a run.

The twenty-one year old smiled, letting the fresh air fill his lungs. Things were going exactly as planned for him.

He knew Josh's story, about how he had lied over being raped, just so he could fuck his boyfriend's best friend and get away with it. He thought it was disgusting and he knew that Tyler would want nothing to do with him once he found out the truth.

Brendon had found out these facts just by looking through an old facebook account that Josh no longer used. All across his wall were posts from various teenagers, all saying the exact same thing: "slut." As he began to dig a bit deeper, he saw that it had to do something with a boy named Pete, so after quick search, he had found the guy and they began talking. Now he knew the full story, or at least he thought he did.

Dallon taking a liking to Pete was just the icing on the cake. It ended up being a perfect excuse to invite him to his party. He was so excited to see it all blow up on Josh. However, what confused him the most was how terrified the young boy had looked when he left his party after seeing Pete. I mean, he even had a panic attack for god's sake.

Tyler was still a bit upset with him but he kept denying that he knew anything about Pete other than Dallon and him being together. He couldn't tell him anything until the full truth about Josh and Pete came out, at least, what he thought to be true.

Brendon pushed his thoughts away, standing up straight as he forced himself to keep moving. He jogged along the edge of the water rather quickly, the wind blowing cool gusts of air against his face.

He had only made it a few miles across the sand when his eyes landed on a car, which he thought was a bit odd considering how no one came out to the lake during the winter time. Of course, Brendon was there himself but he only came because he wanted to be alone.

Sure, he had always tried to keep people close to him because he couldn't bare to face the voices in his head which would always pop up the moment he was by himself. On the other hand, every once in a while, as most people do, he needed a break. So he went for a run. Besides, he was too tired and hungover from last night to think clearly anyway.

Looking around for the owner of the car, he suddenly saw a figure walking into the water. His jaw dropped. Who the hell is dumb enough to do something like that?

"Hypothermia, for sure." The black haired male mumbled to himself, shaking his head.

He kept walking, and as he got closer he noticed that the door of the car was wide open. Brendon thought that this kid must be an idiot.

Then, he saw the figure dive under the water. "Hey!" Brendon yelled as he jogged closer, stopping when he reached the path of the other person. He waited a moment, growing worried about how long they had been gone.