Twenty-Five

HEY SO I ACTUALLY SAW HALSEY AND THEN FALL OUT BOY (AND BLACKBEAR) LIVE IN THE SPAN OF TWO WEEKS AND I️ ALSO GOT MY FIRST TATTOO AND I AM THRIVING ON LIFE RN BUT I️ ALSO HAVE A LOT OF HOMEWORK TO DO AND ANOTHER EXAM SOON END MY LIFE WHAT IS SLEEP?
but it's weird to write about them since i️ literally just saw them??
______

⚠️WARNING⚠️ : this chapter goes more into details of a rape scene. PLEASE do not read if you're a victim of sexual assault or are easily triggered.

"Ashley is almost here. You sure you're up for this?" Tyler asked, giving Josh's hand a reassuring squeeze.

"No." He replied honestly, shaking his head. The boy ran his fingers through his dark hair with his free hand. "But I know that you're right... He needs to be stopped. I️ can't imagine if he did this to someone else- if... Ty, what if he has done this to someone else because I️ didn't stop him the first time?"

"Are you seriously about to try and blame yourself for what he did to you? You were scared. It's okay. The only person at fault here is Pete."

After the two had gotten breakfast, Tyler contacted Ashley and asked if she could meet them at the sheriff's station with the photo that she had saved in a file deep into her laptop. When Tyler asked her why she still had it, she told him that she knew Josh would eventually come to his senses and need it to help get rid of Pete.

Suddenly Josh felt queasy. Perhaps ice cream was not the best choice for a morning meal, but somehow he knew that no matter what he had consumed, he would still feel sick.

"You can go in now." The deputy at the frost desk told them, nodding her head towards the door to the left of her.

Tyler stood, keeping his fingers interlocked with Josh's as they began walking towards the sheriff's office.

"Josh!" A voice yelled out, making the boy turn around quickly.

"Ash." Josh breathed, dropping Tyler's hand as he took in the appearance of his old friend.

"Can I-?" Ashley stopped a few feet away from him, unsure of what to do. "Can I hug you?"

"Always." He replied, stepping forward and wrapping his own arms around the girl.

Ashley hugged him back, fingers curling to grip at the back of his hoodie. "I'm so sorry." She said, tears filling her dark brown eyes.

"No, no, don't- it's okay."

"I️ should've believed you. I️ never should've thought you were lying and I️-I️ tried to make things right but you wouldn't answer my calls, which is understandable because I️ was such a bitch to you. Just leaving you like that—"

Josh cut her off. "It's okay. It really is."

"If it were okay, we wouldn't be here right now."

"Mr. Dun." The Deputy called again, not even looking up from her paperwork.

Tyler led the other two into the office, Josh taking the seat on the left and Tyler standing behind the chair to let Ashley have the second one. The door closed behind them and the man across the desk eyed the three of them.

"My name is Sheriff Westely. I️ went over the report that was called in this morning by a... Tyler Joseph?" The man asked, looking them back and forth. Westley was an older man, looking around the age of fifty, but he was still big in size. Muscles were visible even through his tan button up shirt. His skin was dark and he had even darker eyes to match.

"Yes, Sir, that's me." Tyler announced, swiftly stepping foreword to shake the man's hand. "And this is-This is Josh." He said, gesturing to the boy who was so scared that he couldn't do anything but stutter out a hello.