Seven

SORTA A FILLER BUT I PROMISE THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GONNA BE GOOD ❤️
_______________

Days Until Extermination: 16

"Can I ask you something?" Tyler started, the hand that wasn't still intwined with Josh's, going to play with the sleeping boy's black hair.

"What's up?" Jordan inquired, taking a bite of his cream cheese covered bagel before closing the bedroom door and padding over to his bed again.

It was eight thirty-two in the morning and the two were the one ones in the house awake, it being a holiday and all. Jordan had slept until eight, Josh was stilled passed out against Tyler, and as for the tired teen, he never went to sleep.

"Why did Josh freak out when I touched him? I mean, we hug all the time, for God's sakes, we're holding hands right now. He's a touchy feely person so... Why did he panic?" Tyler asked, his brown eyes glancing over at Josh to make sure he was still breathing. He hadn't moved since he had fallen back asleep and maybe Tyler was paranoid but he'd rather be safe than sorry.

"That's... Not really my story to tell." Jordan replied, crossing his legs over the side of the bed so he could face the older boy. "Usually, he's okay, it's just- when he gets these night terrors, his mind goes back to bad times and he panics. Just don't touch him without him knowing and it's okay. I wish I could give you some insight, but it's like I said, it's not my story to tell."

"It's fine. Thanks, anyway, I have an idea of what might've happened." The boy murmured, biting his bottom lip.

Anger grew inside Tyler as he thought about someone hurting Josh. Who was this Pete guy and why did he harm him? Why did he touch him? Why did he damage him?

It was another thirty-six minutes before the black haired boy began to stir, shifting to lay on his back, his brown eyes blinking slowly. By then, Jordan had already left the house, saying something about meeting up with his girlfriend since Tyler had volunteered to watch his brother for the morning.

"Good morning." The younger boy said softly, a light smile gracing his lips.

"Morning." The other boy replied, moving to sit up. Tyler let go of his hand, the other boy blushing when he realized that they had held hands all night long. However, instead of bringing it up, he ignored it and asked what time it was.

"Nearly nine. Your brother already got up and left and I heard some female voices- I'm assuming your sisters, come from outside not too long ago." He informed, watching as Josh slowly got up and went to his duffle bag.

"You eaten yet?" Josh asked him, his voice deep and groggy from sleep. "Turn around, I gotta change."

Tyler nodded and shifted so his back was facing the older boy. "No, but I'm not really hungry."

"M'kay." The black haired boy replied, tugging off his shorts and t-shirt and trading them for a pair of black skinny jeans and a white graphic tee. "Hey, thanks for... For last night. Sorry I ended up falling asleep before you got here and then... Kinda ruined the night."

"You didn't ruin anything. I'm glad I could help, but really, your brother did most of it, I was sorta just here for moral support." He shrugged, pulling his phone out of his pocket and scrolling through notifications. Fifteen missed calls and sixty-three texts. From whom you might ask? All from his slightly possessive boyfriend, Brendon.

However, Instead of replying to them, or really acknowledging them much at all, Tyler slipped his phone back into his pocket and turned to Josh once again. "What're you doing today?"

"Gonna wait on my mom to pick me up, then I've got to write an essay for English class that's due Monday."

"School? On a holiday? Wait- didn't you decided to stop doing school since there's no point if we're dying soon anyway?"

Josh just shrugs. "Hey, it makes me forget that my family is hella dysfunctional and can't all be together on holidays."

"Fair enough." Tyler smiled. "I could give you a ride home though, if you want. That way your mom doesn't waste gas, plus you'll be clear of having to ride in the car with her again."

"A-Are you sure?" The eldest of the two asked, slipping his shoes on his feet before he began stuffing everything back into his bag. "You really don't have to."

"I have to go back that way anyway, there's no reason you can't just ride with me. You can choose the music, too. Wanna come?"

Josh smiled. "You had me at 'choose the music.'"

-

"Do you wanna go to a party with me tomorrow night?" Tyler asked as he pulled into the other boy's driveway.

"Like, to a real party or...?"

"Yeah, one of the kids at school is throwing some kind of party while his parents are still gone for Thanksgiving. Apparently he faked sick so that he wouldn't have to see his relatives." The younger boy explained, putting his car into park and looking over at Josh.

"Why didn't I think of that?" He joked, rolling his dark eyes. "But really, a party? I don't know, I've never exactly been to one of those."

"You're a senior and you've never been to a party?" Tyler asked in shock.

"Homeschooled." He pointed out, shaking his head. "Besides, won't your precious boyfriend be angry if I show up and cling to you because I'll literally know no one there."

"Eh, he'll be fine. If you don't mind us making out a lot, I mean. You wanna go?"

"Uhm... S-Sure." Josh replied, biting his bottom lip as he exited the car. "I'll see you then I guess. Thanks again for the ride."

"No problem. I'll pick you up tomorrow around eight." Tyler said, waving to Josh before he drove off.

Josh, however, was frozen on the walkway. He had just agreed to go to a high school party. With people he didn't know. With Brendon. With Tyler. With teenagers. With everyone. He just prayed that he wouldn't get another panic attack at this thing. Josh blamed his damn heart for saying yes, because when it can to Tyler, he just couldn't find a way to say no.