Twenty-Four

kinda a filler but at least it's long? (hah)
a lil humor and fluff to make up for all the depressing stuff that's happened (even tho it's a sad story?)
anyway you get to hear a bit of tyler's backstory x
______

The doctors visit went better than expected. Tyler went in the room with him but kept his back turned towards Josh while he undressed to be checked up. Still, they held hands tightly, fear embedding itself within josh's every thought.

He had told Tyler that he was completely fine and didn't need to go at least a thousand times but each plea was ignored by his worrying friend.

Overall the doctor just told him to rest and prescribed him some pain medicine. He also told Josh to take his anti-anxiety medication but Tyler already knew that that was going to be a long shot.

"Ty, I can't—" Josh paused, huffing in annoyance.

Everything he did made his body ache. He couldn't bend over, walk, sit down, or practically do anything without being in pain.

"What is it?" Tyler asked, beginning to turn around but stopping when Josh yelled at him.

"Don't-! I-I can't get my pants back on but you can't look because I'm still going commando."

"How am I supposed to help when I can't see anything?" Tyler rolled his dark eyes.

"Just- Look, get down and close your eyes, I'll guide your hands... Please?"

Tyler closed his eyes and turned around, arching his left eyebrow. "This sounds like a dangerous game."

"Shut up and help me put my goddamn pants on." Josh snapped, thankful that Tyler had his eyes closed and couldn't see the blush rising to his cheeks.

Tyler squatted down, hands in front of his face. "Where to?"

"Well, obviously lower than that. Did you forget where the ground is?"

The younger boy pouted, squeezing his eyes shut tightly so that he wouldn't be tempted to open them. "No need to be snippy, I am trying to help you."

Nonetheless, Tyler moved his hands downwards, letting them touch the ground before his slid them forward.

"Dude, you're cold." Tyler mentioned, and at first Josh thought that he was talking about his rude remark again but then he realized that he was literally touching his cold feet.

He slowly moved his hands up around his ankles, fingers curling around the soft fabric that bunched up around him. He pulled them up slightly, fingertips sliding up his best friend's outer calves before he stopped.

"Can you reach them now?" He asked, almost afraid of going higher. He didn't want to accidentally touch something he wasn't supposed to.

"Y-Yes." Josh stuttered out, reaching down and taking the waistband of the sweatpants from him. "Thanks."

It was odd. Never had Josh ever actually liked being touched by another person, but yet, he longed for the feeling of Tyler's skin against his once more. The weirdest thing was that he had barely been touched, and not even in a special place but he still wanted more.

"Mr. Dun, are you ready-?" The nurse froze, eyes landing on the pair. One with their pants pulled down and the other on the ground way too close to be considered innocent.

"Oh, I- I'm so sorry, let me just- sorry!" The woman said, blushing furiously. She then quickly ran out of the room without another word.

Tyler instantly burst into laughter.

"Oh, fuck off and bring me my t-shirt." Josh groaned, tugging his pants over his hips.

Tyler opened his eyes, laughing even more when he saw how completely flustered Josh was. The older of the two just crossed his arms, unamused and quite embarrassed.