Twenty-Eight

I'm gonna be working on this and Pain from now on. i work a full time job and also go to school so it's hard, but I'm trying my hardest to produce new chapters. Even if there's only a few of you reading this, I truly appreciate it. Thank you.
_______

The day that the boys had prepared so hard for had finally arrived: Josh's trail against Pete. And Josh was a completely wreck.

The 18 year old peered into the mirror before him, trying to straighten the black tie that hung around his neck. However, his hands trembled relentlessly, the boy brewing to the brim with fear and anxiety.

"Let me help." Tyler said softly, walking over to his friend and fixing his tie. "There." He said, patting Josh's chest lightly. "You look amazing."

Josh didn't reply, trying to focus on not freaking out, but Tyler could tell that he wasn't okay.

"It's going to be alright. There's no way that he's going to get away with this." Tyler said softly, reaching down and taking Josh's hands in his own.

"That's... Not what I'm worried about." Josh replied, shaking his head. He looked up at Tyler, their eyes meeting at he spoke. "He's going to be there. I-I'll have to see him and hear him deny everything that he did to me."

"Yes, but I'll be there too. He won't be allowed to touch you, I promise." Tyler assured, kissing his left hand.

The two hadn't really spoken much about their relationship. They weren't together by any means, but they had gotten a bit closer since Tyler broke up with Brendon. Tyler had basically moved in with Josh at this point, most of his stuff was at his house and he stayed there about six nights out of seven.

Frank had been a bit more distant with Josh, trying to detach himself from the boy as a way to get rid of his feelings for him. Josh understood his reasonings and promised not to bother him unless it had to do with the trail or if something bad had happened. "Bother" being Josh's choice of words, not Frank's. Because even though he was trying to put it behind him, Frank still cared deeply for him. So, it had just been Tyler and Josh for the past few weeks and their feelings for each other grew with every passing moment they spent together. But Tyler was afraid to make a move again, knowing that Josh just wasn't ready yet, and he was prepared to wait as long as he needed to.

"Is-Is Frank coming, too?" Josh asked, shifting his gaze to the floor. He didn't want to "bother" him, but he needed all the support he could get at.

"Yes. And so is Ashley. Even Brendon and Dallon are coming to support you."

It took several weeks to convince Dallon to leave Pete, and after he finally did, Brendon invited Dallon to stay with him until this whole thing blew over. Brendon was afraid for his friend's safety and didn't dare let him be alone when Pete was still out there.

Josh heaved a heavy breath, nodding. "Okay. L-Let's go."

-

Things weren't going quite as smoothly as they had hoped. Josh sat up on the witness stand, eyes continuously glancing over at Tyler for reassurance. He could see Pete in the corner of his eye, but he refused to look at him.

"So the first time that Mr. Wentz assaulted you took place on July 15th, 2015, is this information correct?" Pete's attorney, Mr. Ryan Ross, said.

"Yes." Josh replied, leg bouncing and hands shaking with nerves.

"Pete tells me that you never said 'no' during the action with him."

"I..." Josh trailed off, eyes shifting to look at his fidgeting hands. "I couldn't."