Eighteen

See? Promised I'd update again.
Sorry this is sort af. It's been a long week.
____

Days Until Extermination: 2

Josh couldn't believe he was here again, especially after what had happened last time, but he couldn't say no to Tyler. He had pleaded and pouted until the boy agreed to go with him. So that's how Josh found himself sitting in the corner of Brendon's living room, talking to Frank while the party continued around them.

It wasn't even at Frank's house this time so he had no power in making people get out. Yes, they could just leave but if they had any trouble like last time, it was going to be pretty damn hard.

Josh ranted to his friend about how pissed and upset he was about the whole Brendon and Tyler situation and Frank listened. To tell the truth, the smaller boy was only half paying attention, more interested in the drink in his hand than about Josh's issues. Of course he still cared about Josh, maybe a bit too much at this point, but after you hear the person you've fallen for talk about how they want someone they can't have for a hundred times, it gets tiring.

I mean, Frank didn't whine to Josh about how he wanted to jump his bones but couldn't, now did he?

The younger of the two sighed, dark eyes staring down at the clear liquid in his cup. "I just don't get it."

Frank nodded, pushing back a strand of hair behind his ear. "I'm gonna go get more to drink You sure you don't want anything stronger?"

The boy thought a moment. He hadn't had a drop of alcohol in over two years, not since his last incident with a certain boy that took advantage of his drunken state. However, when he looked over his left shoulder, he could see Tyler across the room, smiling contently in his boyfriend's arms, and he knew that he needed something, anything to take the dreaded heartache he was feeling away.

"Yeah, you look like you could use it." Frank replied for him, walking off to the kitchen to snatch something stronger. Yes, he himself was already a bit buzzed but if he were going to continue to listen to Josh complain about his love life, or lack there of, instead of getting laid, he definitely needed more.

"Here." The boy said when he had returned, a solo cup in each hand. He offered one to Josh, snapping him out of his trance.

"Thanks." He mumbled, taking the glass and putting the rim of the cup to his lips. He only has two more days to live. He's lost his chance with the boy he loves. He's currently quite obviously aggravating the only person that still talks to him. He needs this. He deserves this.

It only took three drinks for him to feel lightheaded. He wasn't quite sure what was in the light blue cups that Frank kept bringing him but judging from the constant burning sensation in his throat, and the fuzzy feeling he got with every sip, he knew it was strong and he sure was glad to get them.

The eighteen year old giggled, letting himself be pulled up from his corner and led to the middle of the living room where people were dancing. Little drops of alcohol splattered on his t-shirt as he swung his hips to the beat, free hand gripping Frank's tightly.

It was another two drinks before he really felt it, and by felt it, I mean felt nothing at all. No pain, no worries, just a bubbly, excited feeling as he continued to dance with his friend.

"So is this all I have to do to make you smile?" Frank teased, letting go of Josh's hand so that he could slide his own around the boy's waist and pull his body closer.

Josh bit his lip, grinning widely down at him. "There's something else that you can do to make me smile." And his words were slightly slurred together but neither of the two seemed to mind one bit.

"Oh, really?" Frank asked, a mischievous smile forming on his face. "And what's that?"

They say that one of the first things you lose when you drink is the ability to make good decisions, and in Josh's case, they were right.

The taller boy leaned down, kissing his friend deeply. His eyelids fluttered shut, his hand that wasn't holding onto his cup going to tangle in Frank's long, black hair.

That's how the next few moments happened, just the two making out in the middle of the room, dancing bodies surrounding them. But they were too caught up in the kiss to notice the people who almost bumped into them as they swayed. Far too invested in each other to notice the brown eyed boy who sat with his boyfriend, glaring at the two from the other side of the room.

"Josh?" Frank said, pulling away, but only slightly. The two held onto each other, breathing heavy as they stared into one another's eyes.

"Yeah?" The younger boy hummed, licking his lips. He was almost positive what Frank was going to say, he thought that he was going to ask if they needed to find another room to get more physical in and for some odd reason, Josh wanted to say yes to it.

But that's not what Frank said at all. Instead, he caught the boy completely off guard, hazel eyes shifting to the grey carpet as he admitted his feelings. "I-I really think I'm beginning to fall for you."

"Wh-What?!" Josh pulled back completely, forcing Frank to let go of him. Eyes wide and mouth agape, he stumbled backwards, bumping into a few people with his sudden movement.

"I..." Frank started to explain, maybe take it back if he could. Chances are that Josh was so drunk that he probably wouldn't even remember this moment in the morning, so he opted to change the subject. "N-Nothing. Never mind."

Before he even had a chance to say anything else, a loud voice that Josh had hoped to never hear again rang throughout the room. "Oh my god, Josh Dun? Is that really you?"

The boy slowly turned around, pure terror filling his every being. It couldn't be. There's no way that he could be here. But alas, here he was, the man that completely shattered Josh's whole world: Pete Wentz.

"Wow, I haven't seen you in years," The black haired male said, walking over to the duo, and he's sure that Pete kept talking but he couldn't hear anything else.

Time seemed to stop for the boy. He couldn't move, couldn't speak, and he suddenly couldn't even breathe.

"Josh?" He heard a soft voice call out his name in concern but he couldn't decipher where it came from.

Josh twisted around, feeling himself being wrapped up in someone's arms. He reached out and gripped onto their shirt tightly, tears streaming down his cheeks as he feared for his life.

Someone called out his name one last and he looked up to see a pair of familiar mocha eyes before everything went black.