Seventeen

Days Until Extermination: 4

Josh tapped his hands against his thighs, callused fingertips making light scratching noises against the rough denim of his jeans. The eighteen year old checked his phone, mocha eyes glancing down at the clock to see that he had been waiting there for thirty-seven minutes.

Brendon wasn't coming. That much was clear to the dark haired male but he couldn't figure out as to why he had been stood up. Had he not made himself clear that they were meet at exactly twelve o'clock? Perhaps the older of the two finally decided that he didn't need Tyler so he wasn't even going to try to fight for him. On the other hand, if this statement were to be true, why did he threaten Josh's life when his boyfriend ran away?

Josh cursed, shaking his head which only made his dark brown, wispy hair fall in front of his eyes but he ignored it, too focused on the task at hand to worry about such a minor detail. He waited there alone, goosebumps rising on his tan skin from the cool December air.

Fear began to bubble up inside of him as his anxiety ate away at his brain. A thousand "what if"s clawing their way to his mind, making him want to scream out just to stop it from taking over. He wouldn't let it. He couldn't. He was there to help his best friend, not to freak out in a massive panic attack which would only make him useless.

However, just as he had decided to turn around and go back home, the young lad got a text from an unknown number. Two words were the only thing that appeared on his small screen but just the simple statement made his blood boil. It was no doubt to him as to who sent the message.

From: Unknown                   12:48PM
nice try.

-

•Tyler•

Tyler hummed quietly to a made-up tune, something he often did when he was nervous. Josh had told him that he was going to talk to Brendon for him and let him know that Tyler didn't want to see him again. He would do it himself but in all honesty he was terrified.

The way that Brendon acted that night... He shivered at the mere memory of being pushed to the ground. Sure, the older boy had always been quite vocal when Tyler had done something wrong, but he never hit him. But Brendon had been on edge ever since his boyfriend had made a new friend, especially one that he spent so much of his time with.

Jealousy was all that he could think of that made sense. Well, except for the fact that he couldn't truly believe that someone would ever get jealous just because he was hanging out with someone else. I mean, in his opinion he wasn't attractive or interesting enough to have someone like him, let alone have two people like him.

It didn't even cross his mind that Josh liked him like that, they were simply friends and that was the existent of their relationship. Even if they did do anything, it wouldn't matter. For their fate had already been chosen the moment they signed up for that damn website.

Tyler didn't know what to do. He still wanted to die. He hated his life and he just wanted to end it as soon as he could. On the other hand, he didn't want Josh to die with him. For they had made a pact together where both of them declared to help one another in their own demise. However, he didn't think that Josh deserved to die. He deserved the world and all Tyler wanted to do was give it to him. Little did he know that he was Josh's world.

The brown eyed boy paced the floors of Josh's house where he had been dropped off before the other boy went to talk to Brendon. He was scared. He begged Josh to stay, pleaded for him not to face the older male. He was too strong, too rough, too aggressive and he didn't want him to get hurt.

A loud knock at the door made Tyler jump, startled as he was too deep into his own thoughts to be paying close attention to reality. He quickly rushed to the front door and opened it up, assuming it was Frank coming to see Josh.

When the young boy saw his boyfriend standing there with a small bouquet of roses and a soft smile on his face, he almost melted on the spot. Brendon rarely did anything sweet like this, and it was usually only when Tyler was upset with him. He had to remind himself that he was still angry, and the aching bruises on his body was a constant reminder.

"Babe..." Brendon started, taking a step forward, but pausing when Tyler took one back. "I'm so sorry, Baby, I-I didn't mean to hurt you, I was just- so angry."

Tyler looked down, avoiding eye contact with the taller boy. "I- y-you shouldn't be here."

"I know. You deserve so much more than I can give you but-but I love you and I can't stop thinking about you. I missed you a-and I was out all night looking for you."

"If you love me..." Tyler trailed off, eyebrows ruffling together in confusion. "Why did you hit me?"

Brendon flinched slightly, already knowing that this question was coming but he had hoped that maybe he wouldn't mention it. "I... I don't know. I'm so sorry."

Tears began brewing at Brendon's dark brown eyes as he turned his gaze to the floor, utterly defeated. "I'm so fucked up, I know that much is true but... I love you and-and I know you love me too."

Tyler rushed over, throwing caution to the wind as his hands grabbed both sides of Brendon's face. "I do love you, but- I-I don't know if I can be with someone that I'm afraid of. I can't live my life in fear." He replied, which was ironic considering that he only had four more days left on this earth, but Brendon didn't know that.

"You're right... I-I don't deserve you. I don't deserve anything you do for me or-or all that you are. You're so fucking perfect and I'm such a screw up." Brendon said, letting the tears fall freely down his rosy cheeks.

"That's not true and you know it. Bee, you're... you're way better than I'll ever be, it's just- your temper is too short. You get angry and it's like nothing can make you feel better again until you've completely hurt someone or shattered a damn bone. You've got to calm down."

"I-I know I do, it's just... It's so hard, I get so worked up. I'm so sorry, Babe."

"I know you are." Tyler said, leaning up on his tip-toes to kiss his boyfriend's cheek. "Promise you'll work on it?"

"I promise." He replied, although both boys knew deep down that it was a lie. "I love you."

"I love you too."

-

"Are you serious? Ty, he-he hurt you!" Josh exclaimed, shaking his head in disbelief. "You wanted me to break up with him for you because you knew this would
happen. He has you in a trance!"

"N-No, he does-n't, he doesn't. It's different. He promised not to hurt me anymore." Tyler tried to disagree but he really had no valid argument. All he knew was that his heart was still with Brendon, and he couldn't just leave him. He needed help, and he wanted to be the one to aid him.

"He will do it again..." Josh muttered, shaking his head. "Please just- if you insist on doing this to yourself... Next time he even raises his voice at you: get out. Okay? Just-J-Just come find me and I'll help you."

"Thank you, J." Tyler let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding in. The shorter boy went to hug him, holding him in his embrace before Tyler spoke up again. "You're such a good friend... I don't deserve you."

Right. Friend. Nothing more.

Just four more days.

______

I'll probably post another chapter tonight or tomorrow. A whole lot of shit is about to go down so buckle your seatbelts, you're in for a bumpy ride lmao x