Nineteen

Josh blinked slowly, letting his eyes adjust to the sudden light that hit his dark irises. He groaned, squeezing them shut tight when he felt his head begin to ache.

"Josh? Oh, thank god." A voice said, filled with worry, and he felt someone grab his hand.

"What happened?" The boy asked, shifting his body so that he could sit up, but still enough that he could lean back against the pillows. He felt far too weak to sit up on his own. Perhaps it was because he was still a bit drunk or maybe it was because of his headache but he knew he couldn't do it alone.

"I-I think it was an anxiety attack." The other boy replied, and Josh opened his eyes to see that it was Frank holding his hand.

He looked around the room, seeing that he was somewhere he had never been before. Considering that there was a photo of Tyler and Brendon from last year's prom sitting on the table next to the king sized bed, he could only assume that he was still in Brendon's house, possibly in his room. The boy looked down and noticed the third male in the room, curled up at the bottom of the bed, next to his legs.

"Tyler passed out about thirty minutes ago. He had had more drinks than you so I'm surprised that he hadn't fallen asleep before then." Frank explained. "I on the other hand, well, I'm a natural." He winked, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Josh smiled lightly at him, but then quickly frowned when he remembered why he was even in here. "Where is he?"

"Who?"

"Pete. Th-The guy that tried to talk to me before-before..." Josh trailed off, shaking his head.

"Oh, I-I don't know. Tyler kinda yelled at him to leave but then this whole thing broke out and the guy wanted to fight him which is sorta funny because Tyler wouldn't last two seconds in a fight, but anyway, Brendon said he couldn't kick him out because apparently he's Dallon's new boyfriend- who knew he was gay, right?" Frank said, his words threading together so fast that Josh could barely keep up. "So, yeah, they're still here but that Pete guy isn't allowed on this side of the house until you leave... Is he the one that... Hurt you?"

"Oh." The dark haired boy mumbled, fidgeting uncomfortably. "Y-Yeah."

Frank squeezed his hand for reassurance, lifting it up to place a kiss on his knuckles. "He won't get passed Tyler and I... Or me, anyway, He might throw Tyler."

"Tyler's taller than you are." He pointed out with a grin.

"Maybe, but I'm more aggressive."

"Sure." Josh replied with a roll of his eyes.

The two were silent for a moment, just enjoying each other's company before Frank spoke up again. "I-I'm sorry about what I said before, I didn't mean it, I... Was just caught up in the moment."

"It's okay..." Josh said gently, although he knew it was a lie. "Besides, I like kissing you anyway."

Tyler sat up slowly, and Josh blushed furiously, unsure of what all he had heard. "You're awake."

"So are you."

Tyler climbed up, making Frank let go of Josh's hand. He wrapped his arms around the boy, holding him tightly. "I'm so sorry, I-I had no idea that he'd be here. I wanted to take you to the hospital but I didn't want you to get in trouble for drinking and then--"

"It's fine." Josh said, slipping his own arms around the younger boy. "Really. Thank you for catching me when I fell. How did you even get over there so quickly?"

"Well, I-I just saw Pete walk over and I knew it wouldn't be good so I came over too."

"Wait." Josh paused, pushing Tyler off of him. "H-How do you know who Pete is? Or-Or what he looks like? How do you even know that seeing him would be a bad thing?" He questioned, his heart racing in his chest.