Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I got off the floor once" the clique" passed by. I went off to my second period class. One i got there i sat all the way in the back row seat near the window. It's nice to daydream about having a good life and some how the sky seems to calm me. When I sat down class began, suddenly the teacher stopped talking which caused me to jerk my head up. The classroom door was open, the guidance councilor Ms.Snell which I wasn't quite fond of.

She walked forward into the class room, showing behind her,Jack.

In my head i said, yup this is going to be a good year. I had a slight grin not letting all of my excitement show. Ms.Snell introduced Jack to the class, after her little speech she exited the room.

My teacher said, Okay Jack. Oh yes, um whats your last name? Jack, blankly said, Valentine. He looked away from my teacher and found me in the way back, a smile tugged at his lips, before he turned away.

Wait....I thought he was a grown man, oh well I like him even more now that he's around my age now.

Jack nodded and walked down the aisle his shoes tapping the ground was all you could hear as he made his way to the seat next to me.

I looked the other way to make it as if I didn't know he was there, Jack said, Hey Nevaeh with a little nudge with his elbow, making me notice him. I turned his way and said, Hey Jack, more excitedly than intended.

Jack : Well I'm really nervous, being the new kid and all. I stayed silent, I didn't mean for it to be rude, and I didn't want to make an ass of myself.We stayed silent for the rest of the class.

{~An Hour Later~}

The bell rang showing the period was over. I got up, slung my bag over my arm and I was off to study hall. Walking up the stairs to get there i wobbled a few times from the weight in my bag.

I knew in my head i wouldn't see Jack again today since i didn't really talk to him, or he'll just try to avoid me.

He probably noticed how much of a loser i am, and that I have no friends. Suddenly I felt a large gentle, cold but comforting hands on my back, yes I was scared to i flinched at the sudden touch.

I hurriedly turned around, almost falling down the steps.

Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea if i would've fallen, but only my bag fell down the flight of stairs. Jack said, Hey Nevaeh look I'm really sorry i was just going to ask if you could help me find study hall, I really didn't mean to scare ya. Slowly we made our way down the stairs to gather my things. As he reached down to grab one of my note books i noticed he had a tattoo on his wrist it looked like some word in a different language or something.

After about five minutes of talking and picking things up we were on our way up the stairs, again. Up the stairs our hands brushed a few times which caused sparks to fly inside of me. Once again, Ashley and her clique passed by going down the stairs and noticed Jack standing at my side. Ashley stopped and turned around and said, Who ya screwin now?

At this statement, it made me feel worse than it ever has, probably because of being embarrassed and the humiliation that's going on. Why oh why couldn't I have fallen and died on those steps, maybe I should slip and fall down them and make it look like she pushed me, so she could be charged with murder.

I just sucked in a huge breath of air and stood there looking dazed. I can't believe she would say some thing like that in front of him like that. I guess it's like no mercy when it comes to people that no one cares about. But to my surprise Jack shook his head as if a little kid trying to sass back at an adult. Just then.....Did I know he was different from all other people i would meet.