Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Dttt...dttt...dttt. The sound of drops next to my ear, hitting the surface I was on. Wait...where am I! I open my eyes and immediately close them regretting it, the sharp illumination of light hitting my eyes. I heard a gasp and my hand was instantly caressed by a hand larger than my own, but this hand was.....like ice. I slightly opened my eyes and pulled back my hand.

It was Jack. Jack? Jack! Why is he here? I thought he didn't care. All this thinking started to make my head hurt. He stared at me with his grayish blue eyes, it felt like he was staring right into my soul or something...or like he was the only person who saw more in me than others do.

We sat there in silence, staring at each other. His eyes questioning as if wanting to know something but almost scared to ask. Our heads snapped the other way when we heard clear their throat loudly which "hated" me. If Ashley was here then where was Gabriel? Oh yeah he just left... So now I was thinking out loud Ashley replied to me.

Ashley then said, Should I call your parents or something or would they just not care with a smirk. Yep...typical. I said, no I'm capable of doing things on my own. I started to sit up until Jack grabbed my arm, I patted his arm and said, Hey I can do this I'm not that unstable. He let go and said alright.

I stood up, so far so good. I walked out of the little white room and into a never ending hall. It had many rooms each way until I came to a large desk and sitting behind it was a plump, pale, annoyed nurse. I didn't even say anything, she asked yes in an annoyed tone.

I said, uhm is there any type of food because I think I'm about to die. She said yes and pointed to the room behind her. I thanked her before I left she then said, saying you think your about to die in a hospital isn't the best thing you can do at the moment. I awkwardly walked away to the room. I approached a large refrigerator filled with food.

Fruit, sandwiches, vegetables, and much more. I then opened the freezer it had sorbet and ice cream. I grabbed an apple, orange, turkey sandwich, two vanilla ice cream cups and one raspberry sorbet. I set it all down on the counter. I take a quick look over everything.

In the process of that I hear someone say "huh...someone's hungry eh? I turn around to see who made this comment about my food choices and it was some doctor. All I say is yes. The doctor introduces himself and says he's Dr.Gaven. Jack walks in and is greeted by Dr.Gaven.

So these two know each other and I stand there awkwardly. Dr.Gaven stared at me like...I was..food. Jack cleared his throat loudly to take Dr.Gavens attention off of me. To clear the tension Dr.Gaven asked Jack if he would like to come over for dinner, you can also bring your little friend also. I'm sure she'll have a thrill.

Dr.Gaven made those words sound so dreadful. Jack accepted and turned to me and asked if I would like to go. I was thinking....he's a stranger but ill be with jack so I guess... I lost my chain of thought when I was grabbed by my wrist by Jack and he yelled RUN!!!!