Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The classes quickly passed by. Thankfully, I didn't run into any conflict and Jack and I had all of our classes together.

When the last bell rang showing school was officially over for the day all if the students rushing out of class and swarming the halls.

Jack and I waited until the coast was clear, I guess he wasn't a fan of being in crowds which was great because neither was i so i could have more "alone-time" with him.

Wait no i can't.....I don't want to hurt him, he's too precious. SEE THIS IS MY PROBLEM I GET TOO CONNECTED TO PEOPLE AND BEFORE I KNOW IT THEIR OUT OF MY LIFE.

Jack shakes me by my shoulders gently and says Nev, hey uh you okay. I snap out of my fight with myself and respond saying hm, oh yeah are you with a fake little laugh.

Him and I start to walk out of the class until Ms. Brown says you two have a good evening. Jack didn't say anything just a simple nod to her and kept walking. Great the hallways are empty as we make our way to the parking lot he asks do you drive?

I said stunned, Me..phtt no. I would've said, No because I'm not trusted, I'm poor, and my only transportation are these two legs which barely do me any good because I'm always in pain, but overall they get me to where I need to be.

But I couldn't embarrass myself like that so I kept my mouth shut.

I kept walking and yelled loud enough for him to hear me "Bye, see ya tomorrow". I tried speed walking to make my walk shorter. I felt a tug in my heart because he didn't say anything back......well maybe he didn't hear me. Or....or....or.....he's just one of those guys that think they can simply be sweet one second and act like you never existed the next.

Why does this guy have such a hold on me? For Pete sakes i haven't even known him for 24hrs. I make it a quarter of the way down the street....gees its hot out. No duh your wearing a long sleeved shirt. As I'm walking at a constant pace I hear a car pull up to the side of me.

My senses make me turn my head quickly, its times like these that scare me last time I stayed at the park until dark and some creep tried getting me in his car. But thankfully it was just Jack. He yelled through the passenger window need a ride? Oh man do I ever i say.

He leans over and opens the door as I approach the car, then says where to? I say, just right ahead and to the right. I close the door and he speeds off. I look around the car for a few seconds then i look at the backseat. Jack says, Hey don't worry I didn't have sex with anyone back there this car is perfectly clean.

I let out an awkward laugh, and when I did I had to hurry and say that's my house. It was so weird because my house looked like crap unlike every other house on the block. I quickly got out of the car saying thank you, all without making any eye connection. I walk up to my house....scared to knock because I know what might happen.

The door opens, I flinch at the sudden movement of it and I see my father. I look back and wave off to Jack indicating him to drive off.