Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Suddenly Dr.Gaven just stopped, the anger in his eyes...gone. He looked nothing like the maniac he just did that was only a matter of seconds ago. Our rapid foot movements stopped when he called Jack in a mocking tone. Dr.Gaven was inching closer to us, just as I thought Jacks grip on me loosened it returned to a tight grip.

Dr.Gaven was standing infront of Jack, leaned in next to his ear then said in a loud enough whisper " Cant wait to see you two later on, Tracee and Malik will think Nevaeh is to die for".

He leaned back with a grin on his face. Jack said, Nevaeh we need to leave now.

We went to the parking lot and to his car, he started his car and sped off he was very tense, the odd silence and tension was killing me. Was he scared? Were we even going to go to Dr.Gavens place?

I then asked where are we going, am I going to my house? All he said was, no coldly. His rudeness upsetted me, I then tried to get him to worry by saying " What if my parents are worrying their heads off about me, it's been a good amount of hours since they've seen or heard my voice and I miss them".

He stopped the car, looked at me seriously and said, you already know they don't worry about what happens to you and you know it, and you know its a lie that you "miss" them he said bluntly. But it was the truth...it hurt but its something that hurt when was brought up and better off forgotten.

I looked out the window knowing he was still watching me to see a mall. A mall? Why are we at a mall? I ask. He said, To get you different clothes for dinner. Oh great I said blankly. He got out of the car and I followed into the mall. We walked for about 8 minutes until we came across a dress store.

This time I walked in and he followed he sat down while I went to gather dresses, and slim tan woman approached me and asked, Do you need any assistance? I said no thanks then she quickly disappeared and I returned to looking at dresses. I chose a long black one that was strapless.

I was excited to try it on, I went to the dressing room while Jack sat outside it waiting to see what type of styled dress I've chosen. I put it on, stepped outside the dressing room into a long mirror to observe myself. Overall the dress its self was beautiful, but it just didn't match me.

Jack knew this dress wasn't the "one". So he said, How about the one back there, and pointed over his shoulder. How could I pass by this dress and never notice it? I immediately went to it, grabbed my size, and hurried back to the dressing room.

I stepped out smiling uncontrollably, when I saw Jacks eyes light up I knew it was the right one and so did he. I stepped over to the mirror and examined myself. This dress was long like the other one except it had a long slit it the side revealing some leg, it was strapless and the color was a deep red gosh it was breath taking...and comfortable.

I went on the other side of the store, found done black pumps and walked back to Jack and said Im ready. He paid for it all, I felt bad cause $307.99 out of your pocket isn't really cheap. I thanked him while we walked back out to the car.

We drove to Jacks house it was somewhat... scary looking on the outside but on the inside it was very nice I didn't event want to touch anything, everything was perfect the way it was. While I was gawking at his living quarters he asked are you going to continue to look around or are you going to get changed?

All I could manage was a mhm. He said follow me, so I did so. After passing a long hallway with many doors that all look the same he opened one of the many doors and it went into a lovely bedroom with a large, full window and bathroom. He laid the bag down a bed and said there are towels, and soaps in there that you can use.

When you finish you can either meet me in the living room or you can remain in here. All I said was okay, then he left the bedroom.

I undressed and stepped in the shower, after about 15 minutes I stepped out and stood there...how can I be here when I come from a little crappy town with people that hate me and suddenly only for this moment im not that girl.

I start dry off with a soft black towel. Then reach for my clothes that I set on the side of the sink...well I thought I did. How great am I, Im at a hot guys house naked and I leave my clothes in the bedroom while Im just getting out the shower...naked.

I wrap the towel around me and peek through the door. Coast is clear. I open the door, walk out then walk straight smack into Jack. Well that doesn't sound too bad but my upper half was now...exposed. And I was kind of on him so yeah im going to go die now.

My face got beat red and now I was stumbling on my words and sounding stupid. But I managed to say uhm well yeah you see I uh uh uhm left muh muh my clothes on the bed. I awkwardly walked past him to the bed, grabbed my clothes and walked straight to the bathroom without any eye contact.

I'm done, Im pretty sure all my dignity is all gone. After 7 minutes I think I might not die. I finger comb my hair, then change into the dress, then slide on my pumps. Then I feel a little better.

I stepped out, with my clothes on!

Jack is sitting on the bed staring off in some other direction of the room. His attention turns to me when I walk out of the bathroom. All he says is...wow.

He stands up and says "Shall we leave Madam". I take hold of his arm and silently say... We shall.