Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Nevaehs P.O.V

As Jack and I exited the little pink room, we walked down the hall and into a lobby. Whew this place is huge. I started mumbling to myself....does this place ever end...

This lobby had a deep maroon colored carpet with black designs swirling every which way. The lobby had quite a few people filling it. There were people associating which made everything sound like mumbles. As we kept walking I heard bits and pieces of conversation. Some pale woman talking to a short stubby man about, someone getting married soon, and others talking about tonight's auction.

Auction? Nope. Not this one. Not me! I stop in the middle of walking and the doctor notices, and shows me a look of concern. I say, whats is this "auction" their talking about I do in hand quotations. Doctor sighs and says, welph you and some other young fellow are up for auction he says enthusiastically.

Why did you think you got pampered today, we don't do it for everyone. We've got to make you humans look good enough to sell on the market. Gosh I thought this guy was actually nice. He hugs me lightly, I just stand there. He locks his arm in mine and forces me to walk.

We walk through a closet type door, and there's darkness surrounding us. I hear a small clicking noise, which lit up a light above our heads. I look behind me and I see stairs which led out to some stage type thing. Doctor held me by the shoulders and said good luck kid, and do whatever the next person says.

The door opened behind us and in came in a tall man jerking around the same boy that I saw that was being tested on. The man lets go of him, nods at the doctor and they exchange smiles then they both leave. I think my oxygen was cut off for a couple of seconds before trying to say hi.

When I did say it I heard a man talking on a microphone and both of our heads snap in the direction of the stage. A man appears in the door way and calls the two of us I willfully go while the other boy stands there stubbornly.

I go out and stand on the stage. My knees daring to collapse in a matter of seconds. My voice shaky, and lips quivering. I try to look out in the crowd but all i see is dark outlines of people or monsters. While there's large blinding lights shining on me. I try shading my eyes with my hands which doesn't work so I look at the ground.

After a minute or so the other boy trudges onto the stage next to me. I look at him and he looks at me. I see the fear in him. He's just as scared as I am. It sure took some guys to refuse directions from a guy like that. He was clenching his side, I'm taking it as the man hit him.

I focus back to the ground, and listen to the mans words. The man gestures to me while saying, this here is Nevaeh Nicole Aldean. Shes young, beautiful, and has a cute personality. Also will do anything you want which is a good quality in slaves in case you guys out there have any ideas.

He then says, bidding stars at 1 thousand. I hear people yelling 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12,then 13. After all of this one man barked out loudly twenty-thousand!!

The room grew silent. The auction man gestured to the other boy and said, this young man is Tray Malloc. He's very stubborn, handsome, but he might be worth your money. This made the crowd laugh a bit. The auction-man started again with 1 thousand. The numbers started rising again and again until I heard the same voice bark out again twenty-thousand!!

Geez this guy apparently knows what he wants eh? The auction man called up my new "owner" to the stage. I heard him walk up the steps. All I knew was this guy was tall which scared me so I looked down. The auction man said come along children so I tailed behind him to another room with a large wooden desk and it was the same girl I saw at Dr.Gavens house in the bathroom.

She said, Oh its nice to see you again in a blank tone. All I said was....yeah. She typed Tray Malloc and Nevaeh Aldean on the computer and apparently registered the two of us in a "system".

She then said, Salem the papers will be mailed to you as soon as possible and other than that your free to take those two home. She was blushing, which made me want to hit her.

When she noticed me with daggers as my eyes she had a serious look, then I just turned and looked at that wall. I wanted to clean the silence so I said...what a lovely wall that is huh? And with this Salem, and the lady at the desk erupted in laughter.

Were they laughing at what I said or just laughing at me. Blood rushed to my face, and I felt wobbly again. Salem said alright guys let's go home and with that we went out to his car and drove out in the night.