Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Jacks P.O.V

Oh my god Im losing my mind, its already been one day since I've seen Nevaeh! Oh man...Im hooked. Is this a joke? Nah I know Nev wouldn't do that to me. I woke up early today to set off a search for her...I've had no luck all day, at the police station all they said is "You can't file for a missing person unless its been within 48 hours".

What if something happened to her?

She could be dead for all I know!

I shake my head from these awful thoughts...Nevaeh...she'll hang in there she's a tough and stubborn one.

If anyone did kidnap her, they'll return her soon cause I bet they can't stand her. I laugh a little bit to rid the tension.

I drive by her parents house, park my car in the front, walk up to the door, and knock. Her mother answers the door. Heh...she's short. She looks up at me and says, who are you, with an attitude. All I say is Jack then go back to why I came here. I cut her off in mid sentence and said, Your daughter is missing and I have no clue what else to do.

Do you have any ideas where she might be? Her mother says, No, she's probably doing this stunt to get attention. Then she closes the door in my face...Im tempted to bust this door open, I can but I don't want to frighten her family and cause more trouble. They already don't like me for some reason.

I walk to my car with my jaw clenched breathing in and out slowly. These people are sick, how can they just blow this off like its nothing. FOR PETE SAKES THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IS ON THE LINE AND ALL THIS WOMAN HAS TO SAY IS SOMETHING SO....UGH!!!

Now I understand why Nevaeh doesn't want to stay home, and why she acts the way she does. When her and I are together its like the rest of the world literally doesn't exist. I need her, with me.

And wait...did I just call her the love of my life? I need to get a grip...and fast. I make my way back home, take a shower, and relax. Im so jittery and I haven't even had any caffeine. I pull out my phone and call up my old friend Paul. Paul and I go way back...talk about a couple of millenniums, literally.

He was my dealer for when I needed some good, grade A blood. He said he'd be over in a few minutes with a good variety. I hang up the phone, go to my room and grab some cash. Around 15 minutes later there's a knock, I knew it was Paul so I immediately open it. I greet him and let him enter.

He brings in a large black tote-bag, sets it upon the kitchen counter and unzips it. As he passes me my mouth waters uncontrollably as I smell various blood types...one stands out so much. I just can't put my finger on it. When he nears me with bags of crimson liquid my eyes dilate and I start biting my lower lip harder and harder. Owch, I stop until I taste my own blood.

Im supposed to be tasting other peoples blood, not my own! I examine the bags the one on the right was darker oddly and the one on the left was....perfect. The color, the scent...the way it was going to make me feel.....

I say, How much for this one?

He simply says 80 bucks. I sigh and say can I get it any cheaper? Paul says, sorry man this is the lowest I can go, and its new to the market and making a killing. You my friend are very lucky to have this in your presence cause some people haven't even heard of this type, its called Golden Age.

All I say is seriously in a blank tone, thats dumb...well whatever I pull out the $80 and in exchange he gives me the bag. I walk towards the door and open it while he gathers his things, when he's finished he walks out and says, I'll call you up if I get anymore Golden Age if you want. I nod my head and close the door.

I rush to the kitchen with the bag, grab a knife and pierce it at the top and start to drink, I get half way through until I start to stumble my way to the couch to finish. Blood dripping its way down my chin, on the couch and carpet. Ill figure this out later but surely not right now cause Im at that "Golden Age".

So currently Im not in a clear mental state so I'm rambling on and on about I don't even know what. But then I stop and hold my head cause in having a serious headache. I walk my way to my bedroom and try to relax it and file up tomorrow and everything will turn out good,right? I hold onto a pillow...wishing for it to be Nevaeh.

Wherever she is....I hope she's okay.