Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I woke up in the middle of the night from the sharp pain coming from my stomach, along with annoying gurgling noises. I slowly arose from my bed to search for food, if we have any. I walk down the stairs feeling wobbly. I search through the freezer....a pack of cigarettes. Apparently keeping them there makes them last longer.

Other than that the freezer was barren with a a bunch of ice covering the inside. Next....the refrigerator. What I find in the door of it is a slice of cheese, and at that it was overdue, with mold slowly growing off of it. I quickly picked it up and tossed it into the garbage can. Then immediately washed my hands.

When I finished I rubbed my hands on my pants to dry them, then turned around. When I turned I saw my mother standing in the doorway....not to sound mean but she looked like a mess. Her face was stained makeup that was smeared....probably from crying. My mother has always been emotional, very quiet, or very angry I've always tried comforting her but she always yelled at me or pushed me away.

Her hair was in visible knots. She had on a nightgown that used to be a powder blue color but now it was very whitish with many stains and small remains of food. Her stench was...horrid. She looked at me with her red eyes looking like she was angry and hasn't had any sleep. I hope nothing bad was going to happen because that's the last thing that I really needed.

Surprisingly she didn't yell. All she said was " Go get your father and I some beer". Okay this was going good. But I had to ruin it, not purposely but by asking a question that was " I don't have any money, so what do I buy it with? All she said was " I don't know, stop asking me so many questions and if you don't come back with any beer your going to sleep somewhere else tonight.

Got it? Good! But she didn't even let me answer. What does it matter. I tried going upstairs to grab a jacket, but I was yanked by my forearm and was pointed out the door by my mother. I left without a word. Shows how much she cares. I walked to the park, and approach a hard plastic slide. Looks like I found a bed for the night.