Chapter 1: Banishment

Third person

While seven of God's angels obeyed him, there was one who didn't. Jackson, the eighth angel, was quite mischievous. He didn't like to follow God's orders and often gave the wrong message to someone, or just made one up for his own amusement.

Jackson not only acted different than the other angels, he also looked different; wearing dark colors such as red or black and having an overall menacing appearance. He was far from welcoming.

The odd angel out considered his job to be a waste of time. If something were going to happen to someone, they would find out when it happened and if something was planned to happen there should be no changing it. That's what Jackson believed anyway.

Now just to get back at God for giving him such silly assignments, Jackson would give the right message to the wrong person. He knew this would get him into trouble, and was hoping it would. He didn't like his job and found it quite boring, he was always craving something more.

On certain days, if he was feeling more troublesome than normal, he would stay on Earth longer than he was supposed to be. There he would have fun with both men and women. Put quite simply, he was an adulterer.

Drunk men and women would swoon for his looks, although some didn't even have to be drunk to want a piece of him. Some just liked his mysterious nature and how he just seemed to appear in their town out of nowhere.

One day he was there, but by nightfall he was gone without a trace. It left many disappointed, wondering why they weren't good enough for him to stay. A few captured his attention in a romantic way, but he always ended up losing interest by the end of the night. This dangerous angel wasn't exactly easy to please.

But he kept up his acts, not feeling any remorse for those he hurt. They were just mortals after all, they would find someone else eventually and be much happier than if they were with him. The more he thought about this subject, the more he realized he simply just didn't feel remorse, or much of anything.

Everything seemed to bore him, no matter what he was doing. Even being on Earth seemed boring to him now. It's like everyday was the same thing: get orders from God, go to Earth, have some fun with the mortals, and go back to heaven and wait for tomorrow. He wanted something fun to do with his immortality; something without rules or regulations to hold him in shackles.

As Jackson lay in bed that night he stared up into the nothingness of the starry night sky. He was pondering about what he wished for, but he couldn't think of anything. What did he really want?

The only thing Jackson actually wanted was to be free from heaven. He despised his job and figured that was the thing making him feel empty. What else could be putting him in such a state? God controlled just about every aspect of his existence. Even when he disobeyed it didn't feel satisfying enough.

He sighed as he decided to go to sleep. God would probably have another assignment for him to ruin in the morning.

"Jackson! Wake up, God wants to see you!" Gabriel, or Gabe as he preferred to be called, shrieked, ripping the unhappy angel out of his slumber.

He growled and sat up, shoving the smaller boy off of him. Gabe huffed and crossed his arms.

"You know I don't like being woken up, especially not by your shrill voice." He barked coldly while leaving and walking to God's work place, not even bothering to knock.

"Jackson, I've noticed your continuous bad behavior... It's left me no choice. You are hereby banished to rule in hell for all eternity."

Jackson took a moment to process before laughing to himself. This was exactly what he wanted.