Chapter 666: Emotions

Third person

Days passed in minutes in hell, but for Jackson they seemed like weeks. For the first time in his existence he was feeling something other than hatred. But what was this emotion?

What could possibly be making him feel such, loneliness? He had never missed anyone before; why was Paisley different? She was the one person he couldn't forget. Something about her clung in the depths of his mind, clawing back in each time he tried not to think about her.

Jackson considered going back to Earth several different times. He never did go. The situation would be awkward and even Lucifer himself figured Paisley had moved on past him.

In reality this wasn't true. Paisley missed Jackson just as much as he missed her. The two were longing for each other, craving each other's presence. For some odd reason there was a connection between the two; a kind of magnetism drawing them together.

Satan had finally decided he couldn't go another second without seeing the one he couldn't get his mind off of. He needed to see Paisley immediately.

When he went to Earth he didn't exactly remember where he had met Paisley, not that it was exactly relevant anyway. It's not like she lived in the home where the party took place. He had no clue where she was. If he had thought about it, he would track her and find out, but unfortunately that had slipped his mind. He hadn't been watching Paisley at all for some reason.

But nevertheless, he would search until he found her. The town was a good size, but he was determined. Jackson had never wanted to find something more in his life. It's like trying to find one of the hidden objects in a complicated puzzle, except there was no answer key to cheat off of; that Jackson realized at least.

He searched bars and clubs, hoping to find the one he was looking for. Unfortunately Jackson was searching for Paisley in all the wrong places. She wasn't supposed to be at the party when they met; she wasn't a party girl. She should have been at home, but her friend dragged her out for several hours and that was the night she met Jackson.

Jackson had never left her mind. She loved his mysterious nature, the way he talked in a more proper manor, his style of dark colors; practically everything about him, that she knew, was something she liked. Paisley couldn't stop her mind from drifting into fantasies about the male.

She imagined being happy with him and having a loving relationship. That's all she really wanted. Well, she wanted something else, but that would be discovered later. All she wanted during this period in time was Jackson.

Little did she know that he was searching for her. He wanted to find her and apologize for waiting so long before trying to contact her. A short time in hell was a much longer time on Earth. It had ended up being a few weeks in Paisley's time, but yet she still hoped he would come back.

In hopes to take her mind off her satanic lover, Paisley decided to take a stroll through the park. Jackson just so happened to be searching that same park, but she did not know this. The park would honestly be the last place to find Jackson, in Paisley's mind.

A group of ducks flew overhead, drawing the petite girl's attention from the direction she was walking. They seemed so effortlessly graceful while flying in a perfect V formation. And while being distracted, she ran into none other than Jackson.

Normally he would have snapped at someone for coming into unwanted contact with him, but once he realized it was the woman he was searching for all the anger disappeared. The two shared a quick embrace, followed by a quiet greeting to the other. They hadn't expected to find each other so suddenly. Now they could finally talk.