Chapter 12: Gathering Materials

Third person

The last thing Paisley was getting was a bit more complicated. Jackson hadn't been back in a few days, work being his usual explanation. But this thing was hard to get.

Paisley needed holy water, which wasn't something she could pick up at the local supermarket. The church nearby didn't exactly like to hand it out either. She had two options: tell the truth about there possibly being a Satanic entity in her home, or steal some while the priest wasn't looking.

Paisley was a good girl, but she despised church. Every Sunday while she was growing up, her parents would drag her out to church, no matter how much trouble she caused. Sometimes if she really didn't feel like going, she would scream and pretend like the church was hurting her, which got them kicked out quite quickly.

Rather than asking, she was deciding to take what she needed. The church had never been nice to her and she seriously doubted it would start now.

As she walked down the road she could hear the faint ringing of church bells. The service had already started, but people were always late anyway. It wasn't that big of a deal, but Paisley slipped in without being noticed.

Holy water was up at the table where the priest placed the bread and wine. If Paisley moved just right, she could grab a bottle and leave. The only problem was that it was up by the priest, someone Paisley hated because of his strange attitude and the way he looked at children. He was obviously a pedophile, but no one looked into it because he worked for "God."

Soon enough Paisley got in line for bread and wine. She never really cared for this part of the service much. Eating bread to represent Jesus and dinking wine to represent his blood just wasn't something that clicked for her.

But she walked in the line anyway. She ate the bread dipped in wine, which tasted gross to her, but managed to grab a small vile of holy water while no one was looking.

Paisley stayed through the service so she wouldn't draw attention to herself, but hated being there. It kinda burned in her stomach, but church made her feel like that most days anyway.

As soon as it was over she was nearly to the door, but was stopped by the priest. He was always creeping around the building, mostly stopping by small children to see if they enjoyed the service, but it was obvious to see that wasn't what he really wanted from the kids.

"Sister Paisley, I haven't seen you here since you finished high school. What brings you here on this nice Sunday afternoon?" He asked, even his tone making it sound like he was a pedophile.

"Brother." She corrected softly before continuing.

"I just came to stop by is all, nothing special. It's been over three years after all, I just wanted to see if things were still the same as I remember them, and they are, so I'll be leaving now." She explained, grabbing the handle to the door.

"You'll never reach your foolish fantasy, Paisley. You are what God made you." He replied, holding the door as she walked out.

"Well then I guess God made you a pedophile then!" She yelled loud enough for many people to hear before running back home.

Paisley slammed the door and huffed. She was upset that the stupid old pedophile, who people look up to because he has a cross around his neck, called her goal in life foolish. It wasn't foolish to her, it was the one thing she wanted, besides Jackson, that would make her happy. She hadn't told him yet out of fear, but she was planning to soon.

Perhaps she would think about other things first before telling him. She had to figure out the right way to tell him away. But for now she would focus on finding Lucifer.