Chapter 18: Time Apart

Third person

Jackson was back in hell, but he was not acting like his usual self. He was quiet, sitting in near silence while he processed his thoughts. It wasn't like him to be so quiet. But at this moment Jackson was just trying to think about his current situation.

The one he loved was pregnant and wouldn't even talk to him now. He didn't know what to do. Jackson couldn't enter her apartment because of the religious icons keeping him out.

If Jackson could see her, he would. He was worried about her safety and desperately wanted to talk to her, but he knew she wanted nothing to do with him right now. Paisley might even try to hurt him with holy water or a Bible if he tried.

But he had reasons behind his concern. If Paisley did carry the child to term, if her body could even handle that long to begin with, she would die. Jackson didn't want her to die, even if she would eventually. When you love someone, it's like you picture them living forever, but everyone has to die eventually.

He just couldn't bare the thought of the one he loved, dying to carry his child. Jackson knew he wouldn't be able to have a family. Things would never be normal and he wouldn't always be able to be around.

Jackson didn't even know the first thing about being a parent. He didn't have parents, or even a childhood. He simply just existed. Sure, Paisley had a childhood and parents, but she didn't enjoy either of those things very much. How could either of them expect to successfully raise a child?

Perhaps the time apart from each other would allow them to think about how they would go about this situation, or if there could be arrangements made to benefit the child. Who knew what would happen. Maybe things would actually start to look up. It wasn't impossible to have a family, it would just be difficult to make it functional.

Paisley was curled up in all the blankets on her bed. She couldn't handle being alone, but she couldn't imagine talking to Jackson after what happened. She was in emotional pain and felt burning in her stomach.

All the religious icons were causing her pain because the child she was carrying was demonic. To save herself some pain, she got up and gathered all the religious symbols she had and put them in a box. She put the box by her trashcan and would throw it away at a later time, but for now it eased some of her pain.

Paisley laid back down, making a burrito out of herself and the blankets. She wanted to curl up in a ball and forget the world because of her problems, but she couldn't. She didn't want to forget everything, but it's not like there was anything she could do to forget the bad things.

She couldn't change the world or what happened in it, but if she could change just one thing, she would make Jackson human. If he was human everything would be different. They would actually be able to spend time together, and he would be able to be there for their child.

But it wasn't like he couldn't be there. He wouldn't be able to be there always, but he could. Although, it didn't really matter if he was human or not. If Paisley was going to have this child, Jackson could actually be there. She would die and the baby would be in hell with him.

Where would Paisley be? That was to be explained later. Perhaps she would be in hell, or maybe she would be punished and sent to heaven for loving Satan, or she would be sentenced to purgatory to spend all eternity.

Neither Paisley or Jackson knew what would come of this situation. It was nearly impossible to tell. The only thing they both knew was that they wanted the other.