Chapter 5: One Night Stand?

Third person

When Paisley awoke the next morning she had a raging hangover. It was probably the worst in her life, or at least a close second. But to her surprise, Jackson was still in the bed with her. She hadn't expected him to stay at all, but seeing him asleep right next to her made her see him differently.

Perhaps it was just because he hadn't woken up yet, but this made her like him a bit more. The small girl teased the satanic entities' hair, earning a small purr from the sleeping male. She couldn't help but smile to herself just a little.

Paisley wasn't sure what it was, but she was definitely attracted to Jackson. Maybe it was how he singled her out from a crowd of other, more attractive girls, or because he seemed to appear out of thin air. Whatever it was, she liked it.

When Jackson started to wake up himself, he hazily made out Paisley's petite figure. This was going to be quite the conversation. He had never stayed for the awkward "did we really just do that last night?" conversation, so he had never been in this situation before.

The satanic figure sat up and looked at Paisley, who had to look almost straight up at him. She had a small smile mixed with a light red blush, making it obvious that she actually liked him.

"Hello Paisley..." Jackson started, rather awkwardly, unsure how to continue his sentence.

"Hi Jack-a-boy.~" She purred as a response, making up the first nickname Jackson had ever received.

Jackson wasn't quite sure how to respond to a nickname, but simply shrugged it off as an experiment Paisley wanted to try. He didn't think too much of it.

"Paisley, last night was incredible, but unfortunately I'm not exactly welcome here in town. I'm sorry to cause you any, um, emotional troubles... Perhaps if I'm ever back in town, we could meet again. But I'm afraid for now I must leave..." He explained, trying to be sincere for once in his existence.

Paisley looked down, attempting to hide the hurt from her eyes. She didn't want this to be a stupid one night stand, she actually wanted something more from this.

"O-Oh... Right... I understand... You can't stay... I get it..." Paisley muttered softly, starting to get dressed.

Jackson could tell he had hurt Paisley even when he tried not to. He wasn't exactly good at being soft, but he had genuinely tried.

"I am sorry, Paisley... I don't mean to hurt you... I really can't stay..." He apologized again, hoping to ease some of her pain.

"No, it's fine. I'm not hurt, why would I be anyway? I mean, it's not like I let you have sex with me or anything, why would I expect you to stay? Of course you have to leave. Why-" She was cut off by Jackson pulling her into a kiss.

"You have every right to be upset and you should expect me to stay, but unfortunately I can't. I also can't tell you why because then it won't be safe for you, but just know that I'll come back." He promised, revealing a side of himself that even he didn't know about.

After that it went silent. The two got dressed and were prepared to go their separate ways. The last thing they shared, was one final kiss.

Paisley went home and Jackson went back to hell. It was obvious something was different about him now. He seemed more quiet now, like he was contemplating something.

What was so special about Paisley that made him feel so attracted to her? It wasn't her looks, even though she was very attractive. It was her personality, but also the things Jackson didn't know about her. She seemed to be mysterious, much like him.

But would Satan be able to have a relationship with a mortal? If there actually was a way, then he would find it.