Chapter 24: A Family Divided

Third person

Of course Jackson had to take his son and himself back to hell. It wouldn't be natural for them to live on Earth. Not like there was a reason to anyway. Paisley had died and he was going to have to see if she was in hell.

Jared seemed to be a normal looking child. Sure, there was a slight grey tint to his skin, but most demons have some other color to their skin when they're born in hell. Jackson wasn't too worried. His main concern was finding Paisley, who unknown to Jackson, was now a male named Eric. 

He searched anywhere he thought she might be. He even searched most of his torture rooms to see if one of his demons ascorted her there. She wasn't in any of the places he thought she was.

Once Jackson realized she wasn't in hell at all, his heart sank to the lowest part of his chest. If she wasn't in hell, she was either in heaven or purgatory. He wouldn't be able to get her back. He hadn't set foot in heaven since his banishment.

But, this was for the one thing he loved, in a romantic way at least. Every parent has unconditional love for their child, even if in this case, the parent is Satan.

The only problem right now was Jared. Jackson couldn't leave a newborn alone in hell. So many bad things could happen in a matter or seconds that he couldn't risk it. Not to mention the fact that he didn't even know if he could get to heaven in the first place.

If Jackson couldn't get into heaven then there might not be a chance for them to ever be together again. Neither of them wanted that, it was certain.

Eric wouldn't be able to handle not being in the life of his child, who he died for. And Jackson wouldn't be able to raise a child by himself. They were much stronger together than apart. Each had weak spots that the other could fill in and vice versa.

They had been together for almost a year after all. They're used to having each other around, even if it was rocky in the beginning. They needed each other to be happy. It was like they had both drank poison and the only antidote to save them was the other's love. It sounded a bit cheesy and like the plot of the next Disney movie, but it was true in a way.

And for Jared it would be even harder. He would have to live with Jackson in hell, being the anti-christ and all. He would grow up without knowing the love of his mother. The relationship with his father would be distant because of his work. It's more than enough to seriously fuck up a child. Not to mention the fact that demon children aren't very social in hell. Jared was going to have a rocky life full of questions and many mistakes, it was almost guaranteed.

Perhaps Jared would manage to make a few friends once he was older. Maybe once his father allowed him to start visiting Earth things would look up, but for now things didn't look good with any scenario.

Technically even if Jackson did find Eric and get the family back together, Jared still wouldn't have a normal childhood. He still wouldn't have a lot of friends or places to be social. It was safe to say that most the places in hell were no where near family friendly. But at least he would have both of his parents and be a little less likely to make bad decisions.

For Jackson, his plan and next moves meant everything. It would determine if he and Eric could be happy together, raising Jared. He was hoping everything would turn out okay, but there was no guarantee that he would be able to get his love back. He just hoped that his plan would work.