Chapter 23: Conflict With God

Third person

Once God knew Eric was looking for him, he appeared. He figured Eric at least deserved an explanation to why he was here. It was only fair after all.

"Hello Paisley, I'm sure you know who I am." God spoke, not quite getting to the desired topic.

"My name is Eric, actually. I just want to know why I'm here... I mean, I'm a Satanist... And I kinda gave birth to the anti-christ today... So why am I not in hell?" He corrected God, getting exactly to his point.

God sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. Eric didn't know the rules that he had set when Jackson became Satan. There were several different rules, but there was one that made sure Jackson would be punished for his actions.

"You are here because Satan loves you. When I banished Jackson to hell I set rules that he had to follow. The most important was for his punishment. He is not allowed to love, and if he did, when his love died they would come to heaven and be forever separated. That would be the ultimate punishment for him disobeying me for all that time." He explained, seeming to have no remorse for any of the pain he was going to put Eric and Jackson through.

Eric was shocked and took a few steps back. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

What if he could never see Jackson again? What about all the things he wanted to tell him; needed to tell him? They didn't even get to tell each other goodbye before Eric died.

The whole situation had turned to a painful awakening. Eric couldn't see himself without Jackson anymore. He loved him. He wanted to see the son he died to give birth to. It wasn't fair.

When Eric died he thought he would get to be happy with Jackson. They would finally be a family. They would have their son and be able to raise him in one household instead of being in between Earth and hell. Now that dream was crumbling because of the soul crushing truth that God had just unearthed for him.

"What?! No! No, that can't be true! I love Jackson! I'm going to be with him and my son, and there's nothing you can do to stop me!" He screamed, tears forming in his eyes as he bawled up his fists in rage, thinking he might actually punch God himself.

"You won't be going anywhere. You're in heaven now. The only ones that go down to hell or Earth are my angels. What's done is done. I'm sorry but you're going to have to stay here." God replied, feeling little sympathy for the one who was in love with Satan.

That angered Eric even more. If God wanted life to be good for the people on Earth then why would he purposefully break up a family? No child should have to be raised by one parent alone. They deserved both because each parent could help them on their journey to growing up.

Sure, every child is unique in their own way, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve both their parents. Each parent has strong and weak spots that the other helps with. One parent could be good at communication while the other one was good at sports. Children shouldn't have to miss out, especially when their parents should be together.

Eric didn't want his son to grow up without him in his life and he was determined not to let that happen. He was going to do whatever it took to get his family back together.

"I don't care! You think that just because you have a book written about you and hundreds of millions of followers that you can do whatever you want! I'm not going to let you keep me away from my family! I'm going to be in my son's life and there's nothing you can do to stop me!"