Chapter 9: Alone In The Morning

Third person

The night was long and full of passion, similar to the night they met. The only difference was that they were both sober. Even without drugs and alcohol to cloud their minds they still couldn't get enough of each other.

Something about one just made them irresistible to the other. There was a special connection here, but what it was wasn't too clear. It could be the unknown about them or their personalities; possibly even everything about them. They just seemed to enjoy each other's presence.

Unfortunately unlike last time, Jackson couldn't stay for the morning conversation. He wrote a note explaining he had left and that he would try to be back soon. His writing style was proper, but he hoped Paisley could understand what he was trying to get across.

When the small girl awoke she sighed when the realization hit her that Jackson hed left. She wanted him to stay with her, but understood that he had a life too. She didn't want to come off as too clingy.

Nobody ever likes having a clingy significant other, unless the cling is mutual; which it wasn't in this case. Jackson was clearly not one for a fluffy relationship; he couldn't even sugar coat bad news if he wanted to. It just wasn't in his nature to be cute and sweet.

The more Paisley thought about it, the more she realized that they were almost complete polar opposites. Sure, there could be some similarities if they knew more about each other, but as of now she didn't see what they had in common. The only real thing was that they both liked each other.

She picked up the note and read it softly to herself. Paisley liked the way Jackson talked and even reading a note made her miss him.

"My dearest Paisley, I must apologize for leaving you before you awoke. I hate to leave you in such a way, as if I didn't even care, but I have work to do. I wish I could spend more time with you, but unfortunately it seems like I can't. If I could tell you, I would. I'm sorry. But just because I can't tell you doesn't mean you can't figure it out on your own. Do a little searching and you may find the truth of me. Good luck in your searches, I'll try to come back to you soon."

Paisley wasn't sure what Jackson had meant by searching for him. It was obvious that he didn't mean physically, but could she really find out information about him on the internet or in books? And what was she even searching for?

The petite female grabbed her laptop and opened it up, pulling up her search browser. What was she searching for? She didn't know anything about where Jackson worked, so she really have nothing to go off of.

While Paisley started her research Jackson was doing his normal job in hell. Now part of his job was having to separate Gabe from Percy. He found it quite irritating that they were always on top of each other and clinging. What he didn't realize was that the reason he despised seeing them happy was because he couldn't have the same thing.

Deep down, passed the dark exterior, Jackson wanted to have a happy relationship with Paisley. He actually cared for her. But alas, he was doomed to torture the dammed, never being allowed happiness. It angered him that he would be punished infinitely just for doing his job.

It also hurt him that he would never he able to make Paisley fully happy. It's not like he could marry her or be with her all the time. If she died she would most definitely go to heaven. There was never going to be a happy ending for the two. The world just wanted to watch them suffer.

In Jackson's eyes this didn't make God someone to worship, it made a burning ever-lasting hatred.