Chapter 20: Pregnancy

Third person

Now that all was well with Jackson and Paisley, he was spending all of his time with her. He didn't care about being in hell. Jackson just wanted to be by her side for as long as he could. He knew that she wouldn't be able to survive carrying this child, but he wanted to stay by her side for as long as she had left.

Paisley knew that she would most likely die, but was trying to remain optimistic about the situation. She wouldn't do anything to save her life. She wanted this baby, even if it meant she would die.

Jackson however was very worried. He didn't want Paisley to die because he loved her. He knew there was a chance she could be sent to heaven, and that wasn't what he wanted. He could hardly see himself without her in his existence, since he wasn't actually alive.

There was nothing to be done now. Paisley was already pregnant and there wasn't going to be a way to change her mind; not that Jackson actually wanted her to. He would be happy to have a baby with her, he just wouldn't want her to die in the process.

It had been a few months since she had first told Jackson and Paisley's pregnancy symptoms were like any other woman's, but worse. Her morning sickness was practically constant and her moods were the death of anyone who dared give her the slightest bit of attitude. Even Satan was being careful around her.

Paisley hadn't yelled at him, but her glare was as cold as ice. If anyone was to be feared, it was her. Paisley was simply just very intimidating, but also could be very fierce if she tried.

That was the way she survived through highschool. If someone called her a name or judged her, she simply gave them an icy glare that made them fall silent. And if they didn't, one yelling match with her would make them rue the day they were born. 

Although Jackson wasn't too worried about her moods, he was still trying to be cautious. He didn't want to fight with his partner after they had only worked things out some time prior. He didn't like disagreeing with Paisley in general, but of course it would still happen.

All couples have disagreements. Any couple that didn't was probably not going to last very much longer. It's only natural to have a few fights. They don't have to be big and explosive, or even happen often. But no couple is perfect. Even if they say or think they are, it's not true.

In reality perfection was just a concept; unrealistic goals and expectations that will never be achieved because of the cruelty of the world. No one was ever perfect, even if they seemed that way with their exterior. There was always something under their skin that they were trying to hide to keep their reputation as "perfect."

But Jackson and Paisley were far from "perfect." They both had flaws and both were inexperienced with relationships and family matters. The fact that they were even working to make things the best they could be was something. It meant they were both committed to the relationship they were in.

If Paisley and Jackson weren't trying to make things work it would be obvious that they didn't care about the outcome. But clearly they did care and wanted things to work out for the best.

The two were happy with each other. The time they spent apart had really put things in perspective for them. Paisley had been miserable and Jackson had been depressed. They needed each other to be happy, that part had become quite obvious.

Maybe things would be better once Paisley passed onto the afterlife. She would have a family and finally be able to be who she was meant to be. Perhaps everything would turn out to be alright, but only time would tell for sure.