Chapter 10: Finding Something Interesting

Third person

Paisley had been staring at her computer screen for a good ten minutes now. She couldn't figure out what she was supposed to be looking for. Jackson hadn't left her any clues after all, or had he?

She picked up the note again and reread it. There still wasn't much of a clue. But when she glanced down at the bottom of the paper, something caught her eye. It wasn't noticeable in the dark, but when she held the note over the light from her laptop screen you could see it: three distinct sixes, inside of a pentagram.

Paisley stared at it for a moment. This was a clue Jackson had left, but she wasn't sure how to interpret it. What did a pentagram with 666 mean anyway? Both were Satanic symbolism, but why would Jackson give her a clue like that?

The thought crossed her mind that he might be a Satanist, but she didn't really think that was why it was on the paper. Satanists don't really go around parading pentagrams and sacrificing people like in those crazy cults after all; they're an insult to Satanism.

Could it be possible that Jackson worked for a Satanic cult, or even the Satanic church? Sure, it was possible, but neither would be a twenty-four hour job. The only thing Paisley could think of that would be that type of job was actually being Satan.

Paisley laughed to herself for a moment. In her mind there was no way Jackson could actually be Satan. But as the room went quiet, her thoughts began to wander and she started looking for facts about Satan.

'•Satan is a deceitful shape-shifter, being able to portray himself as anything or anyone.

•He is an evil being, planning to take over the world and rule it with darkness.

•Pentagrams, sixes, and upside down crosses are signs of the devil, you must stay away to be safe.

•Crosses and holy water will keep him out of your home. Protect your home with the power of God!

•If you encounter him, pray for God to come and save you from your sins. Amen!'

Paisley found herself nearly gagging at the grossness of the Christian website. They didn't tell anything about actual Satan, just what not to do. The only thing it said was that he was a shape-shifter.

She sighed, seeing that this was obviously not what she was looking for. Perhaps she just needed to look up something else. She decided to look up the Satanic Bible and found the Satanic church website. While looking for facts, she found the nine Satanic statements.

'1: Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2: Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3: Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4: Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5: Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6: Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7: Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, often worse than those that walk on all fours, who, because of his "divine, spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of them all!

8: Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9: Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he kept it in business all these years!'

Paisley read through the statements a few times, each time realizing that those were the morals she had been living by nearly her entire life. Perhaps she would consider herself a Satanist from now on, but first she would have to make sure of something

She decided she would watch Jackson the next time they got together; to see if he acted or reflected any of the nine statements. She didn't think her lover was actually Satan, but in her mind anything was possible.