Chapter 1666: Talking About Family

Third person

Paisley was shocked when she saw the small blue plus sign in the window of the test. Sure, she was happy, but also extremely worried. She didn't know if Jackson liked kids, or if he even wanted them.

What if Jackson was unhappy? What would he tell Paisley to do with the child? Paisley's thoughts were only making her stress about the situation more. The last thing she needed right now was stress.

She sat down, putting her head in her hands and sighing. The news had taken its toll on her. Finding out she was pregnant wasn't exactly how she wanted to spend her day, but it's how it turned out and there wasn't anything she was going to do to prevent this child from being born.

Jackson was down in hell, considering visiting Paisley. The reason Jackson didn't already know of the news was because he chose not to invade Paisley's thoughts. He loved her and saw no need to invade since he could trust her. But that didn't mean he didn't want to see her.

It was a slow day in hell anyway, so why not? It's not like he would miss anything by going to visit the one he loved. So that's what he did, teleporting into the room and hugging Paisley from being.

The small female jumped and shoved the pregnancy test into her hoodie pocket. Once she realized it was Jackson hugging her she relaxed slightly, only to mentally tense up from the fact that she would have to tell him about the baby.

"Oh... Hey Jackson... I didn't think I'd see you today..." She said softly, looking to the side.

"It was a slow day in hell. Plus we haven't seen each other in a couple of days. I figured it would be nice to spend some time together..." He explained, kissing her neck the way cute couples do.

She smiled shyly and teased Jackson's hair, earning a soft purr from him. Even if most people thought Jackson was scary, Paisley always thought he was cute with the way he acted around her.

It's like he had multiple personalities, but only one was meant for her. It made her feel special in a way, like only she was allowed to see that sweet and loving side of him. It helped give her a little hope that maybe he would be happy about the baby.

"What would you like to do today?" Jackson asked, resting his chin on Paisley's shoulder.

"We could go on a walk around town..." Paisley suggested, hoping that could be a good way to possibly talk about different subjects, such as children.

"Alright."

The two got up and left the apartment building, Jackson holding the door for Paisley on the way out. They walked to the park and walked around for a bit, talking about this and that, but nothing really important. But eventually, Paisley gathered the courage to bring up the topic of children.

"So... How do you feel about kids...?" She asked, playing around with her fingers out of anxiousness.

"Children? I don't enjoy seeing their torture, but unfortunately I'm forced to have them punished to. If he doesn't find them pure they are sent to me." He explained, turning the question into a dark matter of torture.

"No, Jackson, that's not what I meant... I mean... Would you ever... I don't know... Want a family?" She asked, being more specific this time.

"I am dammed to eternal unhappiness Paisley. I don't see why I should have a family I can't really ever be a part of. Perhaps if things were different then yes, I would want a family... But... Things aren't that way..." Jackson answered honestly, seeing no real point to be dishonest.

Paisley felt her heart sink. Jackson didn't want a family.

"Why do you ask?" He asked, becoming curious.

"It's not important." She mumbled.

"Paisley... Are you...?" He asked, putting two and two together.

Out of fear, she ran.