Chapter 22: Death Becomes Him

Third person

After Paisley passed away Jackson had already knew. He knew she died and was saddened. Even though he knew this would happen, it still hurt him to know that she was no longer living.

But because of hospital protocol, the doctors had to tell him that his love had died in surgery. It wasn't easy for anyone, but it was especially hard for Jackson.

"Congratulations sir, you have a healthy baby boy..." A nurse spoke softly, calming Jackson only by a miniscule amount.

He sighed softly in relief, seeing as his child was alright.

"And I hate to be the bearer of bad news... But... Paisley's heart gave out right after surgery... I'm very sorry for your loss.." She apologized, leaving him with his thoughts.

Jackson was distraught to hear it, even though he technically already knew. The love of his life, or existence rather, was dead. He was the cause of her death.

If he had stayed away from her none of this would have happened. Of course if they hadn't met, neither of them would be happy and their son wouldn't exist. There were good and bad things that occurred because of their relationship, but they would both be willing to do it all over again.

Paisley now found herself in a white area of nothingness. Everything was white, but there was nothing. It seemed like a room that went on forever. She thought it was weird and became slightly worried.

Why was she here? Why wasn't she in hell? Isn't that where Satan worshippers go?

And when she looked at herself, she realized something amazing. Paisley was no longer Paisley. She was now male, like she always wanted to be. Now that Paisley was male, he decided his name would be Eric. Paisley was just too feminine for his taste and he preferred Eric much more.

The only thing on his mind now was what Jackson would think about this dramatic change. Eric wasn't very masculine and still had a pretty petite figure, but this was still a major change. Would Jackson even recognize him?

Eric wasn't one hundred percent sure, but was hoping for the best. If Jackson truly did love him when he was alive, he would still love him now. This really shouldn't change anything between them.

Now the hard part was figuring out where exactly he was and how he could get to Jackson. There was nothing for what seemed like miles. Where was he?

Eric decided to walk around for a while to see if he could find a way out or someone to talk to. There was no one else around which seemed strange, but Eric kept on moving forward.

Finally, after what seemed like hours of walking, Eric found something. It was a hidden door built into the floor. It was almost impossible to notice, but somehow Eric managed to.

He pulled the hatch from the floor and looked down into it. Things were much different down there, not color wise, but it looked like a thriving city. Eric took the chance and climbed out from wherever he was before.

Technically the place he was in was his own version of purgatory. He was alone in a strange location with what felt like no way out. It would drive anyone mad after a certain point, but luckily Eric kept calm and figured it out quickly.

But now this just might have been worse. Eric now found himself in heaven. Heaven. The one place he didn't want to go. The only place he wanted to go was hell so he could be with his new family.

He walked around and searched for someone to talk to. The only person who really could do anything about it would be God, so that's who he was searching for. He hoped that this was just some sort of mistake and he would be sent to hell, but that wasn't the case. Eric was sent here to be punished.