Chapter 3: Torture

Third person

As days passed in what seemed to be minutes, Jackson found himself feeling more sadistic than ever. He enjoyed hearing the screams of agony the tortured souls let escape from their bodies. To others it was blood curdling, skin crawling madness, but to Jackson it was like a symphony of pain.

Gabe, the only angel who ever really got within ten feet of Jackson, was visiting quite often. He didn't mind the screams and had a bit of an insane side himself. He was the only angel who liked to visit.

The others were now frightened by Jackson, thinking he would be able to overpower God and bring eternal darkness over the world. Granted the thought had crossed his mind, but he wasn't quite ready for something like that. He had just become Satan roughly a week prior, so he wasn't planning anything too extreme yet.

Each time someone new arrived Jackson already knew their back story, almost like he had been studying them for years; some were confused, but others already had it figured out. It wasn't as confusing as it seemed. If he was Satan, then he would be able to watch you to see if you deserved hell; simple.

Jackson had been watching one young man in particular for a while now. He knew that this boy wasn't doing too well in his home situation and that his relationship was falling apart as well. It wouldn't be too much longer until Jackson had him too.

The teen's name was Percy. He was tall, had a good figure, light black skin, longish black hair, and was overall a good kid. His father abused him for being the skin color he was and his boyfriend was constantly cheating. His mother was out of the picture, having to travel due to her past.

Watching this teen's horrid life made Jackson wonder why God was this cruel if he was supposed to be the generous one. It was Jackson's job to cause misery and pain, but God was doing that enough himself. After all, he was the one making disease, poverty, prejudice and racism. God seemed to be even worse than Satan, and people still loved and worshipped him.

Jackson's thought was broken when he heard the gunshot that took Percy's life. It was self inflicted, meaning the teen had finally taken all he could handle. He appeared before Jackson and sighed, being prepared for his eternal torture. But Jackson wasn't sure what to do at the moment. Percy had gone through so much and was just looking for a way to escape the torture in his life. Would it really be fair to torture him further?

Just as Jackson was pondering his decision, Gabe appeared, seeing Percy and nearly swooning at the sight of him. The teen was looking around, not seeing a reason to speak to Satan, but stopped when he gazed upon the angel.

"J-Jackson, I have more dead for you..!" Gabe spoke quickly, regaining himself for a moment. 

"Yes that's nice Gabe, now go, you aren't supposed to be here any longer than necessary. And stop gawking at Percy." He replied coolly, seeing the two were practically drooling for each other.

Gabe huffed and crossed his arms, but now knew this handsome boy's name. This was enough to make him happy.

"Ugh, fine Jackson, just let me know when you're done torturing him." Gabe said, a small hopeful purr that he would get to meet Percy in more detail at a later time.

Jackson rolled his eyes and gestured for the angel to leave. Percy now stood there awkwardly, waiting for his torture. But Jackson couldn't think of one at the moment. He let out a sigh and looked up at the new member of hell.

"I don't have any torture planned for you at the moment, so go enjoy hell."

Percy shrugged and left, seeing he might as well enjoy the freedom he had while he had it available.