Chapter 17: Fighting

Third person

Paisley ran out of the park quickly, tears streaming down her face. She couldn't stand to be around Jackson at the moment. She was so hurt that Jackson didn't want a family. But she was also realizing that it was too late.

Jackson was getting a family, whether he liked it or not. Paisley wasn't going to have an abortion, or give the baby up for adoption. She was going to care for them even if Jackson didn't want to.

She ran home quickly and locked her door. Paisley knew that Jackson wouldn't stay out, but she did have a strategy.

There was still some holy water left from when Paisley took it, so she put it at all the entrances of her apartment that she could. She also hung up the crosses her mom had been sending every Christmas in packages.

She sat down and cried into her knees, trying to think about what to do. Her mind was racing and she didn't know what to do. What could she do? The actual question was, what did she want to do? She didn't know.

Jackson however had gotten to Paisley's apartment and tried to open the door, but hissed in pain because of the holy objects. He couldn't get in because of all the religious icons.

"Paisley, please... I want to talk to you..." He said through the door, trying to keep any pain he felt hidden from his voice.

"No! Go away! You've said enough!" She cried in response, curled up on her couch.

The religious icons made her abdomen burn and tingle as well, but it wasn't something she couldn't handle. She wasn't going to let Jackson in right now. She wanted to be alone to think.

"I'm sorry Paisley, please... I want to talk this out with you... I'm not going to leave you..." Jackson said again, resting his forehead against the door.

His skin was burning and he was in pain, but he wasn't going to leave Paisley alone in this situation. He loved her, even if she was pregnant. He was far too involved now. He may not be a good parental figure, but he would try his best if Paisley let him.

"Leave me the hell alone Jackson! I don't want to see you! There's nothing to talk about! You don't want a family, so just let me do this on my own!" She yelled, crying now more than ever.

Jackson was hurt that Paisley wouldn't even talk to him about this. He wanted to try to be there, but it didn't seem like Paisley wanted him to be there at all. She was to upset to think straight and desperately wanted to be alone.

"Paisley... I'm so sorry... I shouldn't have said those things back there... I didn't realize... I'm sorry... Please, I just want to talk to you... I may not be cut out to be a good parent, but I'm still willing to try... Please... At least give me that..." He begged before having something slammed against the door.

Paisley had thrown the only book she could find: the holy Bible. It was very loud against the door and after that everything went quiet. Jackson didn't know what to say after that. Paisley wouldn't listen to him at all and he was starting to think this relationship was over.

It hurt him to think that the one he loved practically hated his guts. He would probably never get to see her, and if he did she probably wouldn't speak to him. That's what hurt him most. Jackson loved Paisley so much that sometimes it hurt, but it hurt especially right now.

"I love you, Paisley..." He said softly, sighing in defeat.

And with that, he left, deciding that if the one he loved needed and wanted space, that he would give it to her. He didn't want to upset his partner any further that night. Paisley was already under enough stress as it was.