Chapter Thirteen

Copyright © MarcyN 2013

A/N

The last part of this chapter was inspired by Blake Shelton's song The More I Drink (The More I Drink) I love the song and the video. His words are so true.

I look forward to your comments they inspire me and please vote. MarcyN :)

"Everyone move away now. Ignacio hand me the smelling salt and a glass of water." Take from Nonna to play the role to the hilt. "Is she ok " She heard Lliam ask.

"I'm quite sure she'll be fine." That was Rob with his phony sarcastic accent. "Robert come carry her to the room. Llaim you go with Bruno to the living room. I' ll be right up. She felt Robert lift her. She leaned into his shoulder. As he carried her up the steps. She heard him twist the knob and kick the door open. "You can open your eyes Lauren."

Then she felt herself falling as she hit the bed with a bounce.

"Rob I'm so sorry." She stood walking over to him reaching out she and was surprised when he backed away from her touch.

"You sorry for not letting me know that you were engaged to dude."

"Yes I'm sorry for that."

"Me too but I knew what I was walking into."

"Rob I never wanted to hurt you."

"I'll be ok I'm a big boy, I'm leaving anyway. It's nothing here that I want or need. So go ahead and get married to that poor schmuck who trusted you go show your fiancé some of those moves I taught you."

The sound of the slap resonated through the room. Lauren couldn't believe she had hit him but his words hurt and it was truth.

"I guess I deserved that one." She watched in silence as he grabbed his things and stuff them in his bag and left no goodbye not that she really deserved one. She was angry at him for what he said and at herself for not telling the complete truth. .

Theresa waited at the bottom of the stairs as Robert came down bag in hand. "Robert, where are you going?"

"Home Nonna." She notice the red hand print on his cheek and the sad smile that crossed his face. "What did you say?"

"Something that was not very nice."

"Oh Robert." She stretched her arms out and he embraced her.

"Believe me Nonna this is over and forgotten."

" That's what you mouth says but your eyes tell me another story. Remember there the window to the soul."

"Nonna , It was nice meeting you."

"She took his hand in hers as they walked to the door. "You act like this is the last time we'll every see each other."

"Well no I can visit you when I come to see Giorgio in Palermo."

"I think we'll see each other before that." She reached up cupped his face pulled him down and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Then she watched as he got in his fancy car and pulled off.

She refused to let Lauren lose out on happiness. So before heading up the stairs she stopped in the kitchen Bruno and Ignacio were getting their new visitor drunk. He stood with a worried look on his face."How is Lauren Nonna?"

"She's fine just tired from all the travel from Palermo."

Lliam gave her a questioning look. "She was in Palermo. I thought she was here with you the whole time."