Chapter Eighteen Secrets

Copyright © MarcyN 2014

Doctor Litman  the nurse stopped Josey there's a man in the waiting area for you. He is gorgeous tall dark. Like he just stepped off a magazine cover. Josey walked into the waiting room to find Eric Liams older brother reading a magazine oblivious to all the women checking him out."Eric." He stood towering over than pulled her into a bear hug.  Giving her a kiss on her forehead. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing since the last time we talked you were working in Connecticut."

"I got an offer I couldn't refuse ."

"Is that the only reason." He put a finger under her chin lifting it.

"You know it's not." He saw the tears pool in her eyes he grabbed her hand.

"Where can we go to talk privately?" She led him down the hall to an office he followed her in and pressed a button locking the door.

"Now what's going on with you two?"

"We'll when I came here to stay we started seeing each other..Me being who I'm told him that our relationship should be open..no commitment ...Than things changed I caught feelings. And I was going to tell him when he got back from Jessie's wedding but he told me he had decided to ask this girl Lauren to marry him. "I was in shock.. I didn't even think he was actually seeing anyone else. Apparently he had been seeing her for a while."

"He's an ass Joe and he doesn't deserve you." Eric pulled her into a hug.

"He deserves to be miserable."

"Is he?"

"Yes , when he's not working he's in bed looking at the ceiling."

"Good, but I hear you're seeing someone else."

"Not exactly he's just a friend."

"He's Lauren's cousin?"

Josey laughed. "Not exactly. He's her ex boyfriend posing as her cousin.'

"Fucking No!"

"Yes..." They both began to laugh..

"She passed her ex off as her cousin and Liam fell for it?"

"He sure did. Although I think he suspects somethings up."

"And you know and haven't told him."

"Why should I?"

"Do you know that this mess stems from a bet he made with Cooder."

"Stop Eric that can't be true."

"You know how him Roy Jess and Cooder are."

"Stupid."

"Exactly. They can't stay out of trouble when they get together."

"What was the bet?"

"Get engaged to someone you never slept with or cough up five thousand dollars."

"Oh I want his balls in a bag."

"Oh it's a list of things he has to do within forty five days."

"So this all stems from a bet.."

She sat down . "I'm going to kill him."

"You won't have to because where going to teach him a lesson."

"You and who?" She looked up at him.

"Ian and Stephan. " He gave her a killer smile. "You know we can't resist and besides it's going too be fun." He sat down on the desk beside her. "Now tell me everything you know about Lauren.