Chapter Twenty

A/N Thanks to eveyone for reading IMBH please continue to vote and comment.

Lauren stood on the porch  not sure what to do next.  Several times in the last twenty minutes she had poised her finger near the bell prepared to ring the bell but uncertainty kept her from following through,  It was one in the morning a warm rain was falling and the crickets were chirping and she was standing at Rob’s mother’s door trying to decide whether or not to ring the bell. Francesca had told her he was over his mother’s apparently hiding from her. She couldn’t blame him. Her life was in chaos and why should she keep pulling him into her mess. The thing was she couldn’t let him go despite everthing he was who she wanted. The only problem was getting rid of Liam without hurting him.  And that seemed to be becoming almost impossible with this sudden change in his behavior especially around Rob he became territorial.  This was not corporate lawyer she knew. It was odd and she couldn’t quite put her finger on it he even kissed differently. Anyway  right now she needed to talk to Rob.   He had refused to answer her calls or respond to her messages. She kept thinking about the look on his face when Liam had kissed her. Taking one more chance she texted him that she was outside. Rob pulled the vibrating phone from under the pillow. He slid his finger across the screen and read it. I’m outside, I don’t want to ring the bell but I will.

Jumping up from the bed he had on his basketball shorts and a tee shirt he headed to the door  taking two steps at a time the last thing he needed was his mom going off on Lauren. Opening the door he found her standing there wet from the rain looking sexy as hell. He could be mad at her all day but his man below had his own mind when it came to her, Before he could get in a word she closed the distance and was in his arms. He couldn’t fight it so he followed her led closing her in his arms lowering his lips to hers. She opened to him freely and their tongues entwined. Molding her to him he deepening  the kiss wishing  now that he wasn’t at his mother’s but as s quick as the kiss began it ended as she moved out of his embrace. He looked at her swollen lips. “I’m sorry about today.  I’m trying to fix things. I’m trying not to hurt you and I’m trying not to hurt Liam.”

She watched as he began laughing the humor not reaching his eyes. She knew she had ruined the moment.  She should have just stayed in his arms. That’s what she really wanted. “You’re sorry, you’re trying to fix it and you don’t want to hurt anyone. Bullshit Lauren.” She jumped at his anger. “It’s a little too late for that one don’t you think?” Taking a deep breath to calm his nerves he stared at her trying to contain his anger so that he wouldn’t explode and say something he would regret.” What do you want from me Lauren? You track me down  here kiss the shit out of me then  tell me this bull.”  He back away from her. “For real. You seriously think I’m going to sit on the sideline and wait for you to decide how this is going to play out. Like it’s easy for me to watch another man touch you kiss you and whatever else  you”ve done with him.”

She moved towards him  but  he backed away she stopped in her tracks. “ I swear I  haven’t slept with Liam. I want you Rob, but I need time to explain to him.”

“Oh  you haven’t slept with him yet Lauren. You expect me to wait around for you to come clean with your fiancée. I can’t do this anymore.”

“What about Josey did you tell her?”

“Yeah I did Lauren. I told her how I felt about you.  It was no since in me stringing  her along just to get at you.”

“Rob.”

“I’m not waiting around Lauren. It’s your call.”  Lauren watched as he walked back in the house slamming the door. The vibration ran through her soul and the tears came like a flood and she sobbed like a baby on his mom’s porch.