Chapter Seventeen Tell Me It's Real

Copyright © MarcyN 2014

“Where’s your ring?” Liam held her hand looking at her for an answer. She hadn’t even realized she had left it at Rob’s apartment.  How stupid of her. She had been so upset with Rob that she had totally forgotten it. Now Liam wanted an answer. She looked at him ..in shock as she thought up one. “Oh damn, I was washing dishes and left it on the sink. I’m sorry.”

“So easily forgotten, makes a guy wonder.” He let go of her hand and seated her and then himself. The waiter dressed in colorful pants and shirt handed them menus and took the drink orders.

“Liam I had lot on mind.” He looked over at her.

“Yeah I noticed you  sound upset when I called. What was wrong?”

“The renovations at the bar…” She lied.

“How’s it going?”

“We’ll we  decided to do the floors and remodel the bathrooms. I picked out new bar stools and tables and chairs brought a new stove for the kitchen and the  new mirrors were installed.”

“ I can see that being a headache. These renovations must be costing you a fortune.”

“Oh my silent partner is picking up the cost. I making good use of his money.”She smiled. She was making sure of that.

“I see maybe one of these days you’ll invite me over to the bar.”

“As soon as the renovations are complete..” She was already feeling bad about the ring what kind of person was she becoming ..Sleeping around with Rob  while engaged to Liam …She was going to hell for sure..She couldn’t even go to confession …What would she say father  I come to confess my sins. I let my childhood friend bust my cherry. Now I’m addicted to him and possibly in love while being engaged to another.

“Lauren!Lauren..”

“Yes..”

“ Try this It’s an Moroccan olive . Wow you were in deep thought.” He held the olive for her to bite from his fingers. That wasn’t happening. “I don’t like olives.” She shook her head.

“Well more for me.”  He popped it in his mouth.

“This place is nice this my first time eating at a Moroccan restaurant. You come here a lot?”

“From time to time. Wait to you see the belly dancers.”

“It was then that she noticed Rob and he wasn’t alone he was with a very attractive red head  holding her hand as they walked to their seats.

Liam turned to see what had her mesmerized and got a surprise of his own. As he choked on his drink.  Josey with Roberto..It felt like he had just got punched in the gut and she brought him here of all places. Oh this was not good.

“Isn’t that Roberto.”

“Yes.”

“Is that his girlfriend.”

“No! Shit I don’t know.”

“I’m going to ask them over.”

"Why?”

“Why not?” He gave her a questioning stare. “He’s your cousin right?”

Rob was surprised to see Lauren and Liam of all places at Moroccan restaurant. Josey’s choice. And they were not getting away unnoticed Liam was headed straight for them.

“Hey Roberto. It’s good to see you. Liam held his hand out Rob shook it reluctantly. “And who is this?”  Rob could swear he felt  Josey tense up. “This is Josey Liam.”