From this Moment (The Wedding)

Rob stood looking out the window..He was finally getting married ..he was beyond nervous . He would give anything to take another run like he and Angelo had taking this morning. Four miles Angelo bitch the whole time..but he stayed with him. He looked over at his friend who was talking to his god son..One day he and Lauren would have a son or a daughter or both. " What are you smiling about." Angelo asked. "Thinking about becoming a dad like you."

"God can you get married first." Carmine shouted at him.. "Well be uncles guys. " Freddie the youngest smiled as Sonny his brother who smacked him in the back of the head telling him to shut up. That's are sister. "She's getting married to Robbie guys and someday we will be uncles so lets's give it a break. Palo put in. He pulled a flask from his from inside his suit jacket and walked over to Rob. "Brother you look like you need a swig." Rob nodded taking a drink.. Whiskey it burned his chest going down just what he needed. "Thanks Palo." Palo smiled you are officially our brother..We are family. And family looks out for family. " Okay guys it's time." The assistant to the wedding planner came in shouting. Each of his future brother in laws came over to him giving him a hug and calling him brother. He to a deep breath and held in his overwhelming emotions as finally Carmine reached him.. giving him a bear hug . "Little brother. " That left him and Angelo and Joey.."Shit Rob I thought you were going to break down and cry." Joey smiled hugging him...looking as if he was going to cry...

"Shut up. You Ass Angelo shouted." Rob smiled happy for Angelo's comic relief...Shit he was feeling emotional ...He was happy to be marrying Lauren and sad that his dad couldn't be her with him. "Sweet heart. " He turned to his mother's voice... She walked to him holding out her arms he bent kissing her cheek heard the door close as Angelo smd Joeyleft the room giving them privacy.."Hey mom."

She sat down on the couch the guys had just vacated with him. " You ready to take on the roll of husband?" He took a deep breath. " I 'm ready mom." His mother began to cry.."My little boy.Your dad would be so proud of you." He hugged his mom.."You look so much like him."

She moved out of his arms. Wiping her tears. "Anyway there's someone here to see you." She stood I followed suit she kissed my cheek "See you in a few."

"Whose here to see me. She opened the door and in came my uncle Giorgio followed by my grandfather Lorenzo...this is what I would look like as an old man.. I stared in silence as he came in ... Giorgio hugged me my grandfather gave the wise old owl look then walked toward me he placed a warm hand on my cheek and pulled me into an embrace" it is time you come home ..to visit Roberto with your wife ." " this is my home grandfather.."

"Italy is your first home remember that."

"I'll remember ."

" I will not live forever so you must get started on having children."

"I'm not even married yet."

"You and Tamara..I want to hold a great grand in my arms.."

"Uncle Giorgio can still make babies."

"My son I fear will forever think he is Don Juan."

"What can I say. I haven't found a woman who could tame me yet... " Smiling the Agosti smile. Giorgio continued."I'm ferocious. "

"In Arianna's hands you were a pussy cat." I watched as my uncle stood his pleasant mood change in an

instant. "Some things are better left in the past father." He walked toward the door congratulations

nephew."

"Thank you Uncle Giorgio."

"Giorgio ." My grandfather yell at the closed door. "Who is Arianna?" I asked.

"The woman who holds the pieces of your uncles heart but that is another story let's finish your happily

ever after.

Lauren stood looking at the clear blue sky with it's white cotton ball clouds.... It was a perfect day for her wedding. A clear blue spring day.The flowers in the church courtyard were in full bloom.. And she was marrying the man she loved ...The only man to ever touch her heart and soul."They're ready.." The wedding planner shouted as she came handing her bouquet of flowers . "You ready Lauren ..." Francesca asked. Lauren nodded nervously to her friend as each bridesmaid left out ahead of her smiling . " She looked at Amy the wedding planner. "This it." Francesca held her hand tightly . She took another breath. "I'm ready." Francesca nodded and smiled. "My two best friends in the world are getting married." Francesca kissed her cheek and walked ahead. Lauren to a deep breath and proceeded through the door. She smiled at her dad who stood waiting ...tears in his eyes... " Your look beautiful baby." She kissed him taking the arm he offered..."Let's do this..." The wedding planner spoke into the headset mic .... " Here comes the bride. The music started Lauren took another deep breath stopping. "Daddy..I'm scared.."

"Baby you have nothing to be scared of ...The man who loves you is waiting patiently at that alter for you to join him." " I know daddy and I love him too." "" Oh don't cry yet." The wedding planner whispered patting the tears away with a tissue and fixing her makeup quickly. All these things in a fanny pack she wore around her waist. " It's time for tears later. This is a happy time." Lauren nodded in agreement not trusting herself to speak without getting emotional. "You ready ?" Amy asked. Lauren nodded . As each of her Brides maids left out with a groomsmen walking through the church arch way. Then Angelo Rob's best man winked at her and then his wife as he lead his two year old son Robert down the aisle with the rings and Francesca followed with her daughter Sophie casting rose peddles on the white carpet....Lauren held tightly to her father he patted her hand. As the assembly stood and she walked toward Robert.... She felt so full of love for him as she walked toward her new life the man she loved . Finally reaching him the tears .spilled ... ..." Who give this woman to this man.?" "We do." Her parents spoke together. " I love you mom and dad they each gave her a kiss on her cheeks and her father placed her hand in Robert's" Lauren looked into Rob's eyes "You take care of my baby Robbie." Her father said. "As long as I live and breathe sir." " Okay we finally made it. Father Perry shouted out. Christina and Theresa's prayers have been answered .....here today You made it here kids. Now let's get you married."Lauren and Rob held each other's hands as Father Perry spoke...

"Today we come together.... To celebrate the joining of Robert and Lauren"..... Rob couldn't take his eye off Lauren and as Father Perry spoke the tears slid from his eyes. Lauren wiped his tear with a tissue she had in her hand. " Look she's already taking care of him." Father Perry informed the congregation. "From this Moment Father Perry." Lauren smiled through her own tears...

Hours later rob looked down at his bride as they danced their first dance as husband and wife.."What are you laughing at man?"Lauren asked.

" I was thinking about our first kiss when Carmine punched me in the eye."

"Was it worth it baby." She leaned into him...already knowing the answer but waiting for him to confirm it.

"Yes it was." Rob picked her up kissing her....Mrs. DeLuca.