Chapter Fourteen

Copyright © MarcyN  2014

Rob looked over at Larry who was standing with an officer talking. The rest of them  were all lines  up against two cop cars hands  up and legs spread as they got frisked. "So does someone want to tell me how the fight got started." The officer asked.  Everyone was keeping their mouth closed. Giving each other a look. It was a code with them no matter what went down nothing was to be said.

"So no one's going to talk. " The cop came up behind Rob what about you pretty boy.  That eye ain't looking to good going to be black by morning and closed completely. " A sniker from the other side caught  Rob,s attention he looked over at Carmine. The cop followed his gaze. "What's so funny you have a black eye too sunny boy." This time Rob laughed. "In all my years of working this area. I never once had to come to this bar. The cop walked around them like a drill sergeant. " Mind you that's a good thing it might be everyone here saving grace." He said looking back at Larry. " Lar you want to press charges against anyone here? Just tell me who threw the first punch or I can take all of them. It's up to you."

 Larry gave them all a once over he knew everyone here dad..He grew up with them. "No one Stan it was a family argument it just got out of hand. "

" You sure because the two with the matching set of black eyes." He pointed from Rob to Carmine.

"I'm really itching for them."

"It was just a minor skirmish Tim. There like brothers. You know how that is?"

"Minor the bar is in shambles if I don't file a report you don't  your insurance won't pay ya."

"I think someone here will pick up the expense and I got some ideas for improvements."

"Okay,  I wash my hands of it but I'm going to leave but I want pretty boy here to leave first because my police instinct tells me that  it started with these two.  He opened up the wallet Mr. Deluca..You related to Mike Deluca? The cop asked.

"He was my dad."

"Good guy don't think he would want you getting in to trouble. Do you?"

"No officer."  He looked at his name tag. "McGuire I don't think he would."

 "Mr. Sarcastic. I think you should go home now before I change my mind. I hope you have a ride because I know you over the limit."

"Yeah he has a ride." Angelo said along with the redhead... who shouted across from the side where she stood with her friends and a group of spectators. The cops keeping them at a distance.

"Who are you going with  this guy  or  that pretty girl?"

"Need you ask." Rob responded. Looking over at the redhead.

"Ok then get to stepping."

"Hey Rob. What are you doing?"  Angelo shouted.

" I'm doing just fine. I'm going home with this cutie after I get my bag out of the bar."

 Rob ignored his friend  disgusted look as he walked in the bar. It was in shambles the mirror behind the bar was shattered. The smell of liquor was strong from the broken bottles on the floor. Tables and chairs were turned over and broken.  He had started sneaking in Larry's when he was eighteen. He had celebrated numerous birthdays and parties with friends. He had been here when Lauren had taken over as co owner. Now looking  at the damage he couldn't erase the guilt he felt  for edging  Carmine on  into a fight  and  the result in this disaster to Lauren and Larry's bar.  Walking out  he walked over to  Larry. "Larry I'm sorry man. I got this..

Larry nodded."I knew you would or  I would have told your mother."

"Please Lar don't mention this to her. I'll never hear the end of it."  Larry gave him a pat on the shoulder  as he walked away heading over to Angelo who was pulling candy fish out his hair. "Man I'm out.."